• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    So the city of Indianapolis is going forward with it's social experiment in public safety in conjunction with the NYU Criminal Justice Lab. The survey is here: https://www.indy.gov/activity/public-safety-survey

Answer the questions honestly and let them know what you think is currently wrong with the system if only because your answers are not the ones they want to hear. But we live here too damn it, we pay taxes, we work jobs here and raise families here. They will probably ignore many of our surveys but at least some snowflake will have to read them and be moderately uncomfortable at the idea that not everyone views every clear and vague minority identity/group as some sort of perpetual state of victim-hood. At the same time, be civil, be organized and thoughtful, keep it cool.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    When you start a poll off with these lines:

"We need your help.

We are on a path to develop a community-driven definition of justice and public safety in Indianapolis. This definition will drive the transformation of systems that are threaded with institutional bias, racism, and inequality..."

You can already see the bias and know where it's headed.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Other than what it gets from the feds and my rare meal donation to Jimmy I don't pay much Indy tax. Maybe they should start by not wasting tax money on out of state survey companies.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    M8kYBNy.png

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I like how they had a bunch of age group boxes to check for your age, but the gender was a write in answer. There are only two, guess?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I like how they had a bunch of age group boxes to check for your age, but the gender was a write in answer. There are only two, guess?

IF you write in GenderFluid or some other rainbow category, I bet your entry is given more credence knowing how our city county council works. :rolleyes: "oh, he's just an angry old white dude... throw his answer out. We need to hear from the voiceless."

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I just tried to take it. I couldnt. Its all the wrong questions. Lots of assumptions being made on their part and tons of spin with an attitude of "we have stuff that works, how can you make it better?". Whats working? Not a whole hell of a lot. if it was you wouldnt be taking a survey.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    anyone who is using survey monkey is not a serious organization.

I know a few that use it that are indeed serious. Its an economical, well engineered survey system. Why reinvent the wheel internally when somebody else makes a solid product for a reasonable fee?

Now, with that being said, even the best tools are useless in untrained hands. You can hand me the best paints, canvas, brushes, etc. and it will do no good if I dont know how to paint. And this is what we are seeing here: A SOLID survey platform (one of the best) given to a SJW that doesnt know what questions to ask and most importantly how to phrase them.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I know a few that use it that are indeed serious. Its an economical, well engineered survey system. Why reinvent the wheel internally when somebody else makes a solid product for a reasonable fee?

Now, with that being said, even the best tools are useless in untrained hands. You can hand me the best paints, canvas, brushes, etc. and it will do no good if I dont know how to paint. And this is what we are seeing here: A SOLID survey platform (one of the best) given to a SJW that doesnt know what questions to ask and most importantly how to phrase them.

Maybe I'm just spoiled. I might use it for an internal corporate survey for something insignificant.
    For a public policy survey? Not a chance. Certainly not with the Survey Monkey branding visible.

But that's me.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Maybe I'm just spoiled. I might use it for an internal corporate survey for something insignificant.
    For a public policy survey? Not a chance. Certainly not with the Survey Monkey branding visible.

But that's me.

They're just cheap. You can pay extra for custom branding. (no logo or your logo instead)

But as a taxpayer I'm OK with this. :):

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I was brutally honest. Jobs instead of handouts. Not being idle. Structure. Raise your kids. Quit blaming others for your failures. Respect the law.

Top Bottom