• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Checked my sources for ammo.....nothing I could purchase - interesting times....zero inventory in 9mm, 5.56, 00 12 gauge and others.

I did find a spam can of 762 by 54 in a strange place yesterday and a coffee tin of miscellaneous ammo I have to sort.

Some place out back in the woods is a GI mag of 5.56 buried under the leaves.

What you seeing in your area or online? Post for all to find....

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    My last 2 purchases were: Lohman Arms, M80 Ball, $.64 per round after shipping, and Green Mountain Ammo, 5.56, 62 gr, $.40 per round after shipping. That was a two or three weeks ago. Some mornings I check ammoseek, and it seems to have really jumped back up in the last 2 weeks. I don't see prices coming down any time in the next year, honestly.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Last week I got lucky while in Cabelas. They had herters 9mm for $9.99 a box. Limit 6. Made a couple trips in for that. Looked like they had probably 10k rounds total. I'm sure it was all gone the same day

erasure

komm süßer tod
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2020
    merrrerrrmrerrerverre
    It's going to be like this through the end of the year at least, isn't it.

I thought I was lucky. Found a case of 9mm online last weekend. Today an email arrives: sorry, that was an inventory error, we're all out, refund incoming..

AdventureTeamJoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 10, 2018
    Indy Northside
    Nothing noteworthy at local shops. My primary online retailer has a handful of selections but not at prices I'm willing to pay.....for instance, 1000 rounds 5.56 Wolf Gold at 52 cents/rd before tax and shipping. I'm fortunate to have stocked up prior to Covid.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I just met up with another INGO member who said the Shelbyville Rural King still gets 9mm and 5.56 every other day...probably isn't much and doesn't last long but hey it's worth a shot if you're near there...

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I just bought 5000 rounds of 22LR from Academy. I'll just shoot it and keep my centerfire ammo for when I really need it.
    Agreed. I've got plenty of 22 to shoot for quite awhile. I have a couple of Tippmann 22 AR's that will keep me entertained.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I just bought 5000 rounds of 22LR from Academy. I'll just shoot it and keep my centerfire ammo for when I really need it.

I have never been a big .22LR fan, despite owning a couple of rifles and a revolver. But I also just picked up 5000 rounds to go with about 3000 that I have collecting dust in my garage. Also bought a Ruger Wranger and a Taurus TX-22 recently. I have the same idea in mind...break open 9mm and 5.56 for emergencies. At least for a while, anyway.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Bare Arms has about 11,000 rounds of 9mm for sale tomorrow for their Freedom Fest. They're also raffling off a 16“ barrel Rough Rider. Tickets are $5 each.

The Freedom Festival Is Coming...
    Family And Friends, Food, Firearms And....

MORE THAN
    11K Rounds Of 9mm
    3K Rounds Of 45ACP
    3K Rounds Of 40 S&W
    4K Rounds Of 223/5.56

Plus Guns, Guns, And More Guns.

Been A While Since You Saw Pre-Rona Inventory?

FREEDOM FESTIVAL JULY 11TH 10am - 4pm

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We have stayed on top of keeping the secure ammo locker and all the mags full since Sandy Hook.
    2020 has not been a good year as to range time so we have not used much. But I still look.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Bear Arms in Noblesville posted on FB they have 11k of 9mm in stock. They are having a open house on Saturday and bringing out some 556 then to sale. No idea on prices.

I've considered joining Sportsmans Guide. They seem to have ammo listed on Gun Deals often.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No deals at all. This is Country wide, not just IN.

Simple case of supply and demand. When you cant keep it on the shelf at regular price, why should they put it on sale? Hell, if its flying off the shelf to the point they cant keep it in stock, naturally since demand is outstripping supply, prices are going to go up. I dont like it, but that's how the markets work.

At this time, I think we should just be thankful when we can find ANY that isnt priced through the roof.

Me? I'm just thankful I reload and have stocked enough components back to keep me busy for several years.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Simple case of supply and demand. When you cant keep it on the shelf at regular price, why should they put it on sale? Hell, if its flying off the shelf to the point they cant keep it in stock, naturally since demand is outstripping supply, prices are going to go up. I dont like it, but that's how the markets work.

At this time, I think we should just be thankful when we can find ANY that isnt priced through the roof.

Me? I'm just thankful I reload and have stocked enough components back to keep me busy for several years.

Until Corona it was basically a buyers market with many LGS's struggling I don't mind them getting a chance to bank some money for awhile.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Not looking to buy but hoping there's plenty of brass to pick up July 25th at the range. Got several quarter and half full 16gal containers that need to be filled for future use.

Top Bottom