• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dan1001s

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    What’s the point in trying to get all into 9mm technology when there’s no ammo to be had? Are we getting starved out? How long does it take for mfr to gear up for demand? At what point do shooters abandon 9mm for more available ammo?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What’s the point in trying to get all into 9mm technology when there’s no ammo to be had? Are we getting starved out? How long does it take for mfr to gear up for demand? At what point do shooters abandon 9mm for more available ammo?

OK we have been over this road many times since Sandy Hook.

-We have openly discussed in this forum that anything pops up we will be searching for ammo as the existing supply's will be gone.
    -We have always stated that having an ample reserve on hand is more than prudent.
    -Buy when your budget allows and don't pass on any deals you may see. You will "REGRET" it as some are right now.
    -If you buy as you shoot then this is what you get. And it is not the 1st nor will it be the last time we see this.
    -I have 2 life long friends that buy as they shoot. A range trip meant stopping for ammo on the way. Ever since I have known them, and they have not changed. I got a call just a day or so back.......Hey mouse you have any 9mm.......Me,sure why.........I need some..........Me, so what am I to do.........Sell me some.......Me, :lmfao:

You are either prepared or just sucking oxygen peoples.
    No knock on the OP. This is all too common.

Seriously, we cant get anything "Geared up" with this invented political virus shutting everything down.

Katana1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Fishers, IN

I just did a quickie search on ammograb.com 9mm starts at 0.13 per round and saw a flag about $5 shipping. There are many places that have ammo.

If you won't stock your own ammo, then you pays yer money and takes yer chances. I don't see a problem here.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    OK we have been over this road many times since Sandy Hook.

-We have openly discussed in this forum that anything pops up we will be searching for ammo as the existing supply's will be gone.
    -We have always stated that having an ample reserve on hand is more than prudent.
    -Buy when your budget allows and don't pass on any deals you may see. You will "REGRET" it as some are right now.
    -If you buy as you shoot then this is what you get. And it is not the 1st nor will it be the last time we see this.
    -I have 2 life long friends that buy as they shoot. A range trip meant stopping for ammo on the way. Ever since I have known them, and they have not changed. I got a call just a day or so back.......Hey mouse you have any 9mm.......Me,sure why.........I need some..........Me, so what am I to do.........Sell me some.......Me, :lmfao:

You are either prepared or just sucking oxygen peoples.
    No knock on the OP. This is all too common.

Seriously, we cant get anything "Geared up" with this invented political virus shutting everything down.

I agree 100%. My dilemma is that I got rid of my 9mm stuff few years back because of my physical inability to rack a slide and pretty much went to revolvers.

Enter S&W MP 9mmEZ - broke down and bought it a few weeks back, without having any 9mm inventory. Now you understand my problem. I never thought I would go back to a 9mm.....never say never. I am able to pick up a few boxes here and there but shipping sucks along with "these times" prices. I'll get a stash slowly, but it will cost me. I do, however, have plenty of reserve in my other calibers.

This is actually the driest I have ever seen it. I can remember some time back we had ammo problems, but never this bad.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I just did a quickie search on ammograb.com 9mm starts at 0.13 per round and saw a flag about $5 shipping. There are many places that have ammo.

If you won't stock your own ammo, then you pays yer money and takes yer chances. I don't see a problem here.

OK.....have you clicked through on anything Ammograb lists; at that price? Ammograb is not a current listing. Ammoseek is much better but when you see something, you better be fast. BTW...steel ammo is cheap for a reason.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I took the path of buying reloading stuff because even in a crunch you can still get 9mm brass and bullets in most cases.

Powder I've stocked up on, as I have primers.

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    I got a call just a day or so back.......Hey mouse you have any 9mm.......Me,sure why.........I need some..........Me, so what am I to do.........Sell me some.......

I got the same call last Friday.... Hey, uh we want to take the daughter and her new boyfriend and introduce him to the family hobby but me and the father-in-law got bored and burned through my range stash the other day..... Yeah?..... Nobody locally has any 9mm or hardly anything else, I'm ordering some but that doesn't help me today..... So what up?..... Any chance you have some I could get from you?

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    .45 is more available now than 9mm?

In casting your own? yea. probably More reloaders reloading 45 too so if you can find a person to reload some of your brass on the cheap yes, faster and cheaper than factory plated at this point.

you wont have high end self defense hollow points, but 45acp ... so.. ball works

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    . I got the same call last Friday.... Hey, uh we want to take the daughter and her new boyfriend and introduce him to the family hobby but me and the father-in-law got bored and burned through my range stash the other day..... Yeah?..... Nobody locally has any 9mm or hardly anything else, I'm ordering some but that doesn't help me today..... So what up?..... Any chance you have some I could get from you?

Sure. 20.00 a box. All you want.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    In casting your own? yea. probably More reloaders reloading 45 too so if you can find a person to reload some of your brass on the cheap yes, faster and cheaper than factory plated at this point.

you wont have high end self defense hollow points, but 45acp ... so.. ball works

I think the OP was talking about commercially manufactured ammo. I don't see where he talked about reloading. That was what my comment was on, the original topic. :@ya:

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I think the OP was talking about commercially manufactured ammo. I don't see where he talked about reloading. That was what my comment was on, the original topic. :@ya:

during these times can we honestly be so picky to only look at factory / commercial ammo? i prefer to use my whole garage of tools, not just 1 tool box

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I have a 1,000 rounds of wax bullets in 45LC just for times like this. That puts some more of my LC lead in a holding pattern for active duty. It allows me to draw, shoot, and practice without the concern that I am depleting my stock. My suggestion to reloaders that want range time is to cast lighter bullets and load lighter on the powder. I plan on setting up to reload 45LC and casull within a year or two. The more times I go over my EDC options the more I am leaning to my old ways. When I was young my CC was a 7.5" .44 Magnum in a shoulder rig. This lazy old man has been carrying a little 9mm. Whoa is me when a 1911 sits in the safe.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I have a 1,000 rounds of wax bullets in 45LC just for times like this. That puts some more of my LC lead in a holding pattern for active duty. It allows me to draw, shoot, and practice without the concern that I am depleting my stock. My suggestion to reloaders that want range time is to cast lighter bullets and load lighter on the powder. I plan on setting up to reload 45LC and casull within a year or two. The more times I go over my EDC options the more I am leaning to my old ways. When I was young my CC was a 7.5" .44 Magnum in a shoulder rig. This lazy old man has been carrying a little 9mm. Whoa is me when a 1911 sits in the safe.

wax bullets ? what?

teach me the old ways!

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Used for cowboy fast draw. Literally a wax bullet hand loaded in to a brass case (you push the bullet in to the case with you fingers), and a 209 shotgun primer.

I'm reading into this more and more. Ive already seen the use of a 1911 without extractors being used and single loading the rounds. Obviously revolvers are far easier to work with here.

Top Bottom