Florida homeowner shoots 3 home intruders, 2 fatally.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    A couple points: First, don't put anything out there on social media you wouldn't put in the newspaper. Second, WTAF does "some type of known entity" mean?

The sheriff said the homeowner believes he may have been targeted because of his gun collection, which he has displayed on social media.

The investigation also revealed that the homeowner had some sort of relationship with Trammel, Casado and Durham that involved “some type of known entity,” Nocco said.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    [FONT=&amp]A Glock jammed ?????????????

The homeowner said he grabbed his Glock 9mm pistol, which was just a few feet away, and fired several times at the intruder. He saw the intruder fall down, the report said.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Then a second masked intruder entered the house, and the homeowner said he fired at him, too. That intruder also collapsed.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]The masked men were aiming their weapons at the homeowner when they were shot, said Pasco Sheriff Chris Nocco.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The homeowner said he then saw a third intruder enter, the report said. The homeowner started firing again, but said his Glock jammed. Then he said he grabbed a Kriss Vector 10mm semi-automatic rifle, but didn’t fire it. The third intruder had run away.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]The homeowner said he called his neighbor for help and told him he had just shot two intruders. While the homeowner was on the phone with 911, he said, he heard his neighbor yelling outside: The neighbor had detained the third intruder, who was wounded, at gunpoint in the front yard. The homeowner went outside to help.[/FONT]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    [FONT=&]A Glock jammed ?????????????

The homeowner said he grabbed his Glock 9mm pistol, which was just a few feet away, and fired several times at the intruder. He saw the intruder fall down, the report said.[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Then a second masked intruder entered the house, and the homeowner said he fired at him, too. That intruder also collapsed.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&]The masked men were aiming their weapons at the homeowner when they were shot, said Pasco Sheriff Chris Nocco.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&]The homeowner said he then saw a third intruder enter, the report said. The homeowner started firing again, but said his Glock jammed. Then he said he grabbed a Kriss Vector 10mm semi-automatic rifle, but didn’t fire it. The third intruder had run away.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&]The homeowner said he called his neighbor for help and told him he had just shot two intruders. While the homeowner was on the phone with 911, he said, he heard his neighbor yelling outside: The neighbor had detained the third intruder, who was wounded, at gunpoint in the front yard. The homeowner went outside to help.[/FONT]

Yup they do jam.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I had trouble with a gen 5 that was previously used for mag testing before I got it, but I think they quietly improved it. Rumor is they had tight barrels and quietly fixed it. But I had one. So they're out there.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Only other trouble I had with a Glock was with old ammo my BIL gave me. I've found them to be very reliable, assuming Buba didn't work on it.

That is the most inopportune time for a failure, and yes it probably wasn't bedded.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    A couple points: First, don't put anything out there on social media you wouldn't put in the newspaper.
    The sheriff said the homeowner believes he may have been targeted because of his gun collection, which he has displayed on social media.

Ever seen that bumper sticker that says protected by glock? and that guy wonders why someone busted out his back window looking for something to steal.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Note the following comment: "The sheriff said the homeowner believes he may have been targeted because of his gun collection, which he has displayed on social media." Seems like a good reason to be very careful about what you post anywhere.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Note the following comment: "The sheriff said the homeowner believes he may have been targeted because of his gun collection, which he has displayed on social media." Seems like a good reason to be very careful about what you post anywhere.

The desire to show off is as old as humanity, but social media sure has magnified it

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The desire to show off is as old as humanity, but social media sure has magnified it

That's one of the reasons why I don't take pictures of myself (face) holding firearms or have any social media accounts. This forum I have some anonymity.

With red flag laws if a person knows you says they will shoot someone or themselves using your firearms the police can confiscate your locked in a safe firearms which is beyond ridiculous.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis

My second thought after my first happy thought of the homeowner defending his life and home was, did the police swipe EVERY gun he had in his collection for "evidence"?

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    "Evidence, you mean this fired/dirty one with the matching-caliber cases on the floor? Here ya go officer. What, the ones locked in my safe? Those are just evidence that i own guns. So, what?"

Top Bottom