• ...and so much more!
  • 1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Guy is Def a private seller. I've only purchased from dealers on GB, but I don't know that the site forbids private sales. If it doesn't, it's only one major lawsuit away from being shutdown.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Let me see... isn't that just a regular Mossburg 500, with what appears to be an 18" barrel, with a Shockwave grip? Trying to decide what category it fits under GCA 68, or NFA.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Let me see... isn't that just a regular Mossburg 500, with what appears to be an 18" barrel, with a Shockwave grip? Trying to decide what category it fits under GCA 68, or NFA.

Nothing illegal about the gun. It's that he's advertising it as a Shockwave, when it's not one.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    As with others, nothing illegal with the gun, or private sellers on GB for that matter.
    I figured you were talking about the sh*tty photography and his feet in the pic.

Similar pics on Armslist, feet in pics, guns posed in bathrooms and vehicles.
    On messy bed sheets etc. Poorly written ads.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    As with others, nothing illegal with the gun, or private sellers on GB for that matter.
    I figured you were talking about the sh*tty photography and his feet in the pic.

Similar pics on Armslist, feet in pics, guns posed in bathrooms and vehicles.
    On messy bed sheets etc. Poorly written ads.

Figured that just regular for Taurus or Mossberg advertising LOL

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Guy is Def a private seller. I've only purchased from dealers on GB, but I don't know that the site forbids private sales. If it doesn't, it's only one major lawsuit away from being shutdown.

I'd say the vast majority of the ads on GB are from private sellers. Why would there be a lawsuit?

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Plus he has 4 different Non rated bidders bidding on it.
    The reason I mention this, on an item that hits a ridiculous price, a Non rated bidder has nothing to lose if he backs out and doesn't pay.
    He has no feedback or reputation at stake, he could simply not pay and create a new account and do it all over again.
    This can be really costly to a seller, as normal people will wait for payment and by the time you figure out you're not getting paid the market may have cooled off.
    And the other bidder may have realized it went crazy high and is no longer interested in it.
    When I run auctions on GB I put in the ad, that you must have at least 5 positive feed-backs to bid on my items.
    In other words you have to have some "skin in the game".

Last edited:

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Here's the kicker. I reported that post to GB yesterday morning as an incorrect description. Never heard from them, and the auction is still active. :rolleyes:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom