• ...and so much more!
  • wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    Heading to KY for the bourbon tour. I found this on Wikipedia
    e) Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense beer or alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to that purpose;

The prohibition against carrying concealed in an establishment that serves alcohol applies only to the "portion of the establishment [is] primarily devoted to that purpose." This means that concealed carry is allowed in restaurants that serve alcohol, with only the bar section (if present) off-limits to permit holders. This assumes that the owner has not posted the establishment to prohibit concealed carry. (KY preemption does not allow for the banning of "open carry" but only of "concealed carry".)

Quesstion is is a distillery a licensed place or different classifications since they manufacture?
    all this BLM stuff and their march on Louisville has me a little concerned.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    My wife and I did that about 2 years ago through Mint Julep Tours, Had a great time and learned a lot. I don't recall any of the the distilleries having a bar or selling alcohol
    by the drink. However the tours included tastings at the end. Since we were riding in a tour bus and in a group I didn't ever feel the need to carry on the actual tours.
    Downtown Louisville at night is a whole different story. There was no obvious security at the distilleries when we were there, guards, metal detectors, searches, etc. Well
    concealed you should be fine if you do carry. Enjoy your trip! BTW, what distilleries are you visiting?

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I would be VERY hesitant to look for legal guidance from Wikipedia.

In fact, the only thing Wikipedia is good for is celebrity gossip.

Try the web page for Kentucky, or NRA ILA.

nraila.org/gun-laws/

specifically nraila.org/gun-laws/state-gun-laws/kentucky/

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN

Quesstion is is a distillery a licensed place or different classifications since they manufacture?
    all this BLM stuff and their march on Louisville has me a little concerned.

What you quoted is basically what I interpret as the Applebee's rule. I can carry in Applebee's but not enter the section of the restaurant that is the bar area where minors are forbidden. Using this logic the Tasting Room at the end may be off limits but the rest of the tour should be good. Done a few distillery tours and never felt a need to disarm myself. If concerned you might skip the tasting room at the end.

IANAL

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    What you quoted is basically what I interpret as the Applebee's rule. I can carry in Applebee's but not enter the section of the restaurant that is the bar area where minors are forbidden. Using this logic the Tasting Room at the end may be off limits but the rest of the tour should be good. Done a few distillery tours and never felt a need to disarm myself. If concerned you might skip the tasting room at the end.

IANAL

Are you new here? You should know better to apply logic to laws.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Just avoid downtown Louisville after dark.

Just avoid Louisville at all costs. It’s unfortunate that they’ve run that city into the ground because it really is a cool place. I’m so glad I left there when I did. As for your question, call KSP and ask them.

99zhuggerz99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    McCordsville
    Sign on the door at Angel’s Envy says no firearms due to law. Even a guard at the door (no metal detector or pat down). Keep in mind they also sell their bourbon inside on ground floor, and have a private bar upstairs for people on the tour.

on a side note. Concealed is concealed and the rye ( aged in rum barrels that have also held French cognac is worth the risk).

Last edited:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I have a personal mantra, it’s mine and I follow it religiously! (If you want to follow it it’s up to you)
    ”if a guns on my hip, I don’t take a sip!”
    i never want to have to use my gun in self defense and have a police officer smell alcohol on my breath and ask “have you been drinking?”

not necessarily for a criminal trial as much as a civil trial!

the huge difference between a criminal/civil trial is this
    criminal trial is “guilty beyond all shadow of a doubt” and you have to convince 12 people of that you were justified in the shooting

a civil trial is a “preponderance of the evidence” and all you have to convince are 6 people who think alcohol MIGHT have affected your judgement!

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    My personal favorite stops are Buffalo Trace and Woodford Reserve.

Woodford Reserve is our favorite too. The drive past all the horse farms is lovely. Upon arrival it reminds me more of the elegance of a winery rather than a hillbilly moonshine still ambiance some of the other distillers go for.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Concealed is concealed, don't start nuthin won't be nuthin.
    This. Who really gives a hoot about their unconstitutional laws regarding your personal safety!
    You have it well hidden unless your LIFE is in danger and are forced to use it. At that point, I'll take my chances in court as a breathing man.
    It's time that more gun owners took a firm stand for their rights.

Several of the distilleries have bars that you can buy drinks. not just samples for tastings.

sonny

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2020
    Danville
    I agree that Louisville is a great and historical city with so much to see and do, but sadly has become a place I would avoid most areas these days

Top Bottom