• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Katana1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I’m not exactly sure how or when this practice got started, but at my place, we name center fire long guns, for example; we have; Sue or Sioux, Brutus, Rabbi Mossberg, Evie, and Arma.

So far, handguns have been exempt from this as have rim fires and one AK. I’m not sure how we missed the AK. Any suggestions?

Do you name your firearms?

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I've only named 2. The first was my service issued rifle which rhymed with hut. The other is my Remington 1100lt20 I call her Grandma Sandy since she bought it for my Grandpa with my mom and 2 Aunt's. She ended up passing away when I was around 13months old and was the only grandchild she got to see. My Grandpa gave me the shotgun 4yrs ago.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I have an IAC 1887 side-by-side coach gun that I call The Chinese Pig Farmer.

I don't really know why. It is probably racist... or evidence of unconscious bias at the very least.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I've named quite a few, especially my favorites. Usually a woman's name, and since a very high percentage are foreign, a name from their native land. A few did get descriptive names, such as ol' Deathdealer, my 54 cal muzzleloader since it kills on both ends.

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Just the SKSs. Try to use girls names from the country of origin. For example, the Norinko is named Jingfei, one of the meanings given for this name is “quiet not“. And the Romanian is named Ileana, which means “torch“. Thought these names were quite fitting for these battle beasts!

Studio 417

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Somewhere
    My uncle has a rifle, no idea what it is, that he calls Ma' Bell. When I asked about it, he said "because it will reach out and touch someone".

Whatever it is, he filled a gallon milk jug with water, set it about 200 feet out, and shot it. The jug disintegrated. There was no part of the jug to be found, and nothing was even wet. It was the coolest thing I've ever seen in person.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So far, handguns have been exempt from this as have rim fires and one AK. I’m not sure how we missed the AK. Any suggestions?

Do you name your firearms?

No, I do not. Other than the collector stuff and that is referred to as the "three dimensional retirement account".

As to the AK, Misha had 3 daughters, Yelena, Nellie and Natalia. Perhaps this will help.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    I've only formally given a name to one.
    b3704d14ce3a4ab24f3bddf01043c36b.jpg

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I have a scratched frame G-22 I named "Scar", a new G-19 I call "Covid", but its all for fun, other than that, a Romanian 5.45 side folding rifle I call (SOOCH-KA), which is Russian for lil byatch, is all.
    Most have no name other than brand and model.

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    I do not however when I was working on mods to the NPAP in our bedroom for about 3 weeks my wife called it my mistress and named it Allison. Wife came in once and the gun was on the bed, she said “you better get that Bit-h off my bed”

Top Bottom