Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Do you name your firearms?

Plinker

User Info Menu

Do you name your firearms?

I’m not exactly sure how or when this practice got started, but at my place, we name center fire long guns, for example; we have; Sue or Sioux, Brutus, Rabbi Mossberg, Evie, and Arma.

So far, handguns have been exempt from this as have rim fires and one AK. I’m not sure how we missed the AK. Any suggestions?

User Info Menu

I've only named 2. The first was my service issued rifle which rhymed with hut. The other is my Remington 1100lt20 I call her Grandma Sandy since she bought it for my Grandpa with my mom and 2 Aunt's. She ended up passing away when I was around 13months old and was the only grandchild she got to see. My Grandpa gave me the shotgun 4yrs ago.
    “Son, when the Marine Corps wants you to have a wife, you will be issued one.” -Chesty Puller

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere KellyinAvon's Avatar

User Info Menu

No
    INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

I have an IAC 1887 side-by-side coach gun that I call The Chinese Pig Farmer.

I don't really know why. It is probably racist... or evidence of unconscious bias at the very least.

User Info Menu

Not really.

I’m not sure how we missed the AK. Any suggestions?
    Name the AK, Ivan... or Baba Yaga
    Last edited by WebSnyper; 07-14-2020 at 15:36.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

User Info Menu

I've named quite a few, especially my favorites. Usually a woman's name, and since a very high percentage are foreign, a name from their native land. A few did get descriptive names, such as ol' Deathdealer, my 54 cal muzzleloader since it kills on both ends.
    Tulta munille! HAKKAA PÄÄLLE

Marksman

User Info Menu

Just the SKSs. Try to use girls names from the country of origin. For example, the Norinko is named Jingfei, one of the meanings given for this name is “quiet not“. And the Romanian is named Ileana, which means “torch“. Thought these names were quite fitting for these battle beasts!
    "Your future is ahead of you" - Yogi Berra
    "The future ain't what it used to be" - Yogi Berra

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WebSnyper View Post
    Not really.

Name the AK, Ivan... or Baba Yaga
    The Boogeyman?

No. He's the one you send to kill the ****ing Boogeyman!

Oh.

Shooter

User Info Menu

My uncle has a rifle, no idea what it is, that he calls Ma' Bell. When I asked about it, he said "because it will reach out and touch someone".

Whatever it is, he filled a gallon milk jug with water, set it about 200 feet out, and shot it. The jug disintegrated. There was no part of the jug to be found, and nothing was even wet. It was the coolest thing I've ever seen in person.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Katana1 View Post

So far, handguns have been exempt from this as have rim fires and one AK. I’m not sure how we missed the AK. Any suggestions?

No, I do not. Other than the collector stuff and that is referred to as the "three dimensional retirement account".

As to the AK, Misha had 3 daughters, Yelena, Nellie and Natalia. Perhaps this will help.

I told you to buy ammo, mags and lowers. Get on it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast