• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Katana1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I never thought I would see the day when AR bolts and grips were in short supply. Yes, you can find some here or there, but who would have thought AR grips would ever be hard to find?

Rubix

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2020
    Harlan
    I just looked at MidwayUSA for some reduced power mainsprings for S&W, out of stock. Wheel gun parts, out of stock, what is going on out there (/s)?

Katana1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I never thought I would see the day when AR bolts and grips were in short supply. Yes, you can find some here or there, but who would have thought AR grips would ever be hard to find?

Yea, grips and some parts are like sliced racist bread. (There, fixed it for ya!)

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    My guess is manufacturers, that had reduced staff due to covid, combined with more people with more free time to fiddle with customizing there guns, combined with the big uptick in New gun owners.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    My guess is manufacturers, that had reduced staff due to covid, combined with more people with more free time to fiddle with customizing there guns, combined with the big uptick in New gun owners.

Thinking the same, especially with less new firearms readily available due to increased demand there, and suddenly you have a lot of current gun owners thinking of what accessories/custom stuff they can do to what they already own.

Churchmouse alone could probably keep a small parts factory busy.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Speaking of shortages I just grabbed a few AR15/AR10 parts that usually need replacing. Gas rings, firing pin retaining pin, extractor spring and extractor, firing pin. Not saying there are shortages, I'm just trying to stay ahead just in case.

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    I think some guys who aren't buying guns during this time of inflated prices are sitting back right now and doing the mods, tuneups and other projects they had in mind for their current guns.
    Rough time to be adding guns to the safe, but not a bad time to make sure everything's running just the way you want it.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I think some guys who aren't buying guns during this time of inflated prices are sitting back right now and doing the mods, tuneups and other projects they had in mind for their current guns.
    Rough time to be adding guns to the safe, but not a bad time to make sure everything's running just the way you want it.

Exactly what I'm doing.

Ndavid45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    10   2   0
    Apr 29, 2019
    Indianapolis
    I think some are buying parts to build budget rifles for resale at a huge mark up too. Been seeing lots of new looking home builds, BCA uppers and Anderson lowers on armslist for 700+ that are there and gone within a day.

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis

:+1: Nail on the head for me too.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have built a few so far this year to replace the ones people talk me out of.

I did build a AR10 308 this year but had a really good deal on parts. Now I'm concentrating on upgrading. I just put a new recoil spring, and titanium extractor and spring on my 10/22 it was 27 years old to many rounds to count on it. I figured it was time lol.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Over the past couple of months I've placed a few parts orders, all from Midwest Gun Works with great prices and super fast shipping.
    2 current discount codes in case anyone is interested:
    BOMBSHELL
    SPRING20

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom