• ...and so much more!
  • BOLTGUN

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    NE INDY
    I was curious on Cabelas trade-ins.

I have a GA Precision GAP-10 Gen 2 and was hoping to trade it in for two matching 243s, one for each of my sons.

New from GA, these are $3400...obviously, Im bkt expecting that, but would like to see it in the $2200-$2400 range.

Any experience with trading with them? I recall Gander was really low.

Thank you!!

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    They'll be stupid low and try to resell it for practically new pricing.

You are better off trying to sell private party despite it being more of a pain, plus I know it's hard to find someone that wants to shell out that kind of coin for a rifle.

Spyco

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    NWI
    They will look at the blue book, call the finish at 80% and then offer half of that. Cabelas and other major box stores are a terrible place to do a trade in. You are better off trying to do a consignment with a local shop where you can at least make 70% of the gun's value back into your pocket without doing a private sale.

I hate the use of blue books as they are never inline with the actual market, but created by what appears to be some boomer and fudd types who hate anything black.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Depending on caliber I think you may struggle to find anywhere that will give you more than $1500-$1800 in trade, you will likely have to sell privately to realise it's value.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    Awhile back I was told on modern guns they look at what their wholesale cost on it new was and offer 60% of that. I don't know if that was true or if it is still the case. Also if you have any accessories like scopes bipods etc they don't really take that into consideration or give anything extra for them

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I sold some older firearms several years ago and feel like I got a good value. This was before I knew about INGO classifieds.
    I'd probably either try to sell here or find a consignment shop.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    They will look at the blue book, call the finish at 80% and then offer half of that. Cabelas and other major box stores are a terrible place to do a trade in. You are better off trying to do a consignment with a local shop where you can at least make 70% of the gun's value back into your pocket without doing a private sale.

I hate the use of blue books as they are never inline with the actual market, but created by what appears to be some boomer and fudd types who hate anything black.

It would be nice if more retailers actually looked at completed auctions on Gunbroker, as that is the true and most current market value.
    Much better than an outdated printed book.

Top Bottom