• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Not having purchased ammo for almost a year, I was wondering what current pricing was at local stores? Around here it seems to be going for around $18.00 for a box of 50 brass FMJ. Kind of glad I elected to stack it deep when it was plentiful and at good prices.

Thanks

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    A LGS up here has S&B for $15.99. at least their ad says they do. I have no idea if they have any in stock or not.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Cannot tell what the prices are when there's none to be found anywhere. Glad I started reloading this year and that I stocked up over the past several years.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Been in 2 LGSs in the last week.
    The one on the east side of Indy had 1 box of a brand I'd never heard of for $18.99
    The one due east of Indy had none when I was there.
    I do worry about our LGSs if this keeps up much longer. Let's show em some love when we can cause we'll miss them when they're gone.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    I got on Federal's weekly email list last year and decided to follow the link to 9mm today due to all of this discussion. They show 115 gr jacketed American Eagle in stock at $16.99 a box. Kinda makes me wonder if the empty shelves are due to demand or if demand is due to the empty shelves in this case. In any event to me it appears as though the ammo mfgr's have succeeded in increasing their margins on 9 mm this year.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Kinda makes me wonder if the empty shelves are due to demand or if demand is due to the empty shelves in this case.

It’s both— they feed off each other. The same way the a stock on Wall Street hitting an all time high might actually cause people to buy in the feeling it will go higher. Nobody wants to miss out.

Until it gets so high that people realize it can’t continue. The bubble bursts and the snowball switches direction.

I’m on record defending “gouging “ sellers for this very reason. The farther and faster prices rise, the sooner the bubble pops and the faster we get back to something resembling normal.

But the only way that works is for prices to go high enough to keep ammo on the shelf.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Well I had to go to Southern Michigan (Hillsdale County) last Tuesday, on my way back down good ol I-69, I stopped at FT Wayne’s Rural King on Exit 302.
    They had 3 Boxes of 9mm 115 gr Remington FMJ on the shelf for $11.99 a box and I snatched them.
    Dropped by my sons new place in Washington Indiana yesterday, and asked him how he was doing on 9mm ammo?
    Low he said, so I gave him the 3 boxes and a 4th I had in the trunk.
    Its what Dads are for, as I handed him a Mossburg 500 to add to the Marlin Mdl 60, I gave him last week.
    Shotgun shells and .22 he should be able to find down there, but yea next trip I will give him a resupply to hold him through the year.

380Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Just bought a box Saturday, $13.99/50 ct limit 1 box per customer/day. They didn't have an abundance either.

Top Bottom