• ...and so much more!
  • Indhawkeye

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2018
    Zionsville
    Anyone know if the Elwood Conservation Club is accepting new members at this time? Thanks a lot. Looking for a shooting range North of Indy. Inexpensive.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    Clay Pigeon;[URL="tel:8379649" said:
    8379649[/URL]]Do yourself a favor and join Atlanta CC...

:yesway::yesway: Will worth the money only difference is Atlanta does not have a hundred yard lane, but Atlanta is a Shooters’s club a lot of things to get involved in.
    The members are good people

Indhawkeye

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2018
    Zionsville
    Does the Atlanta Club/Range have self defense short yardage ranges? Are you allowed To bring guests for a nominal fee? Any archery ranges? Thanks.

Indhawkeye

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2018
    Zionsville
    Very good. Thanks for the advice. I have heard good things about Atlanta. I’ll tell them Clay Pigeon at INGO sent me.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Very good. Thanks for the advice. I have heard good things about Atlanta. I’ll tell them Clay Pigeon at INGO sent me.

Atlanta has a great board and is a very active shooting sports club. To get members to work and get projects done is not a problem. Lots of good folks shoot at Atlanta.
    You have to do some minor hoops to become a member but the club is much better for it.

Like I posted earlier, its everything Elwood is not.
    Atlanta is a much better and safer club to shoot at...

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Its everything Elwood is Not, and you don't have to listen to a few A Hole Board Members and Trustee's that yell and belittle members...

I've been a member a Elwood for awhile and have not had that experience. I may not agree with how they set up the place or some decisions they make but for $65 bucks a year its well worth it. I am not a member of Atlanta yet. That is a goal of mine still this year. Even at twice the price, (no clue what current cost are) Atlanta is a bargain for what you get. I was discussing the two clubs with a member here recently. Something he said helped me put the two places in this this perspective. Atlanta is a place for shooters. Elwood is a place to shoot.

And at last check Elwood enrollment was full. But that can change every month if someone does not renew.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    This is a very fair description. I have seen many unfair comments about Elwood without any relatively...

Do you go to the meetings? I bet not...
    Read and learn the clubs bylaws and then,
    Go to a meeting and suggest something as simple as concrete under the shooting benches... Tell the board and the 22 old men at the meeting you will supply the labor with other members and see how it works out for you.
    Suggest letting the local Boy Scout Troops use the field and camp a few weekends a year or help out on a volunteer day for some merit badge work.
    Suggest starting 22 shoots with Apple Seed or Revere's Riders and see how it works out for you my friend. Ask the treasurer to explain where 18 to 22 hundred a month has been spent every month for years and years... Read and learn the clubs bylaws....

It is not written unfair...

Edit, even better run for treasurer, VP or President and see how it works out.....

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Do you go to the meetings? I bet not...
    Read and learn the clubs bylaws and then,
    Go to a meeting and suggest something as simple as concrete under the shooting benches... Tell the board and the 22 old men at the meeting you will supply the labor with other members and see how it works out for you.
    Suggest letting the local Boy Scout Troops use the field and camp a few weekends a year or help out on a volunteer day for some merit badge work.
    Suggest starting 22 shoots with Apple Seed or Revere's Riders and see how it works out for you my friend. Ask the treasurer to explain where 18 to 22 hundred a month has been spent every month for years and years... Read and learn the clubs bylaws....

It is not written unfair...

Edit, even better run for treasurer, VP or President and see how it works out.....

Sounds like you want more than "Elwood is a place to shoot."...

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Sounds like you want more than "Elwood is a place to shoot."...

I didn't think you went to meetings....
    Like I have posted a few times already Mike, read and learn the clubs bylaws and then get back to me.....
    The club has bylaws for many reasons, the board needs to abide by them or change them.....

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I didn't think you went to meetings....
    Like I have posted a few times already Mike, read and learn the clubs bylaws and then get back to me.....
    The club has bylaws for many reasons, the board needs to abide by them or change them.....

And I will be very direct, I couldn't care less if they are stealing the money and exercising dictator powers as long as I can reasonably shoot for $65 bucks a year. If I go to Tim's in Westfield I have to follow their rules, same at any range. I didn't "join" to make friends, become an officer, arrange shoots, and set up scout camps. I just wanted to shoot and as long as their rules let me I will, if not I won't send my $65 any longer.

Not it sure why it upsets folks they have their ways and are stuck in them, and that someone is likely pocketing money. It is like that in about every association, even HOA's. LOL

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    And I will be very direct, I couldn't care less if they are stealing the money and exercising dictator powers as long as I can reasonably shoot for $65 bucks a year. If I go to Tim's in Westfield I have to follow their rules, same at any range. I didn't "join" to make friends, become an officer, arrange shoots, and set up scout camps. I just wanted to shoot and as long as their rules let me I will, if not I won't send my $65 any longer.

Not it sure why it upsets folks they have their ways and are stuck in them, and that someone is likely pocketing money. It is like that in about every association, even HOA's. LOL

Whos upset? Still haven't read the bylaws.... Well Reading is Fundamental..... Good Luck..

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Whos upset? Still haven't read the bylaws.... Well Reading is Fundamental..... Good Luck..

Why should I care? Why do you care? Why would I want to read the bylaws? I don't care. They are what they are. So what? They have a fiefdom one can shoot at. Guess what, so is just about every range out there. Their rules or the highway. I guarantee that Atlanta is a fiefdom too, there will be a small well connected group that run things, you do not agree with the Elwood folks. I get that. Heck, if you could shoot at your house and you invited me, I'd have to follow your fiefdom rules. LOL

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Why should I care? Why do you care? Why would I want to read the bylaws? I don't care. They are what they are. So what? They have a fiefdom one can shoot at. Guess what, so is just about every range out there. Their rules or the highway. I guarantee that Atlanta is a fiefdom too, there will be a small well connected group that run things, you do not agree with the Elwood folks. I get that. Heck, if you could shoot at your house and you invited me, I'd have to follow your fiefdom rules. LOL

You must give something you keep posting in this thread... :laugh: :rockwoot:
    And I can shoot at home.

Maybe when you are older you will understand a corporation and its bylaws.. But I doubt it...

Last edited:

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I've been a member at Elwood for almost 3 years. I honestly can't complain for $65 a year. I went to a few meetings, and would go to more if time and work schedule allowed. Like others have said, if you want a place to shoot guns, archery, throw axes/knives, and fish, $65 a year is a steal. I'll stay a member for as long as I live this side of Indy. It's also great that there is rarely more than 4 or 5 people using any of the ranges when ever I go.

I can't speak for Atlanta, but I do know I've never heard anything negative about it. I just don't want or need anything more in a place to shoot than I get with Elwood, but to each their own.

rhrlaw

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 20, 2020
    Carmel
    Having recently moved here I'm also looking for a place mostly just to shoot. Elwood is very close and convenient for me, but as noted not taking members. Is the next best outdoor location w/ a 100m range available Fox Prairie?

Top Bottom