Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Favorite location for safe FTF transfer?

Plinker

User Info Menu

Favorite location for safe FTF transfer?

What are people’s thoughts on best locations to complete a FTF transfer safely? Gun show? Walmart parking lot? Next to the local precinct? My previous acquisitions have come through inheritance or directly from an FFL, so would like to learn.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I’ve always met at gas stations or Walmart/Lowe’s parking lots and never have had an issue yet.

User Info Menu

I meet where I work, Auto Zone, & Burger King. At least that seems to be where most transactions take place. Oh yeah, cabelas or bass pro as well.

User Info Menu

Not today ATF
    “Son, when the Marine Corps wants you to have a wife, you will be issued one.” -Chesty Puller

Plinker

User Info Menu

I'll generally meet wherever the other person wants, but I never go alone. I always bring 2nd person who stays in the car while I conduct the transaction. I don't want that person to get out and make whoever I'm dealing with uncomfortable, but I also want that person to realize there is someone else there so pulling something offscript just got twice as difficult.

User Info Menu

Carmel police department has a couple of parking spaces that are camera monitored and labeled for transactions like this. I bet other police departments have marked areas that are monitored.
    Clouding the matter with facts on a daily basis.

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

I worry about this very little when trading with INGOers.

Any seasoned INGO trader with a good itrader rating and post history will lead you in the right direction.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and I’m on to the next one...

User Info Menu

Back alley, abandoned warehouse, crack house, etc. Usually around 1-2am.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJQ6945 View Post
    Jagee makes Beetlejuice look like a *****!

User Info Menu

Same, Any public place is fine with me. I don't abandon my spidey-sense or situational awareness, but generally my concern is low.

Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post
    I worry about this very little when trading with INGOers.

Any seasoned INGO trader with a good itrader rating and post history will lead you in the right direction.

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by indysims View Post
    Same, Any public place is fine with me. I don't abandon my spidey-sense or situational awareness, but generally my concern is low.
    Very good point.

I've gotten txt's when driving to a meet, "I'm here, the (fill in blank) lot accross the street looks better for us."

I have done the same, "This lot's busy, parking is limited. Let's do the truck lot at the MCDonald's across the street."

On a related side note, communication is important to a happy trade.

After the deal is agreed to via PM, one party or the other needs to send their number and request a txt confirmation. Typically the txt confirmation is replied to with the vehicle description to be looking for at the meet.

Last edited by bwframe; 07-27-2020 at 07:31.
    Done, done, and I’m on to the next one...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast