anyone know what is up with Safariland ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    But on a serious note, that is a very short sighted move. Its a good way to lose sales for those x days that nobody can look up anything on the website. I know if I had a customer service issue I'd be pissed I had to wait for their countdown to look up an email address or phone number to contact them.

By all means. Have a kickoff countdown. But as PART of the website, not the whole damned thing.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    But on a serious note, that is a very short sighted move. Its a good way to lose sales for those x days that nobody can look up anything on the website. I know if I had a customer service issue I'd be pissed I had to wait for their countdown to look up an email address or phone number to contact them.

By all means. Have a kickoff countdown. But as PART of the website, not the whole damned thing.

True. But if their old software is going to be completely incompatible with their new software, better to take the whole thing offline until the reboot.

Also, if you do a search for "safariland customer service", the phone number comes right up.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Are they converting themselves into a manufacturer of Tactical Covid Masks?

Did they get bought out by Kel-Tec?

The mind boggles.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana

that is what I was thinking, if this is not a site hack . it is a stupid move for sales..
    I was wanting to purchase a holster tonight, guess it won't be one of theirs..

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    that is what I was thinking, if this is not a site hack . it is a stupid move for sales..

That seems a bit short sighted to me.

If you want, or are considering a Safariland, give it like 28 hours, and see what the new website looks like.

Do you need a holster so quickly that you can't wait that long?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    True. But if their old software is going to be completely incompatible with their new software, better to take the whole thing offline until the reboot.

Also, if you do a search for "safariland customer service", the phone number comes right up.

In today's modern virtual server world, its a total non issue.

Step 1: Stand up new platform on new virtual server.
    Step 2: thoroughly test new platform privately.
    Step 3: Change DNS to point to new virtual server with new platform so that consumers now browse to that server.

There. Done. No compatibility issues, weekend long maintenance windows, etc.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

I've got a Safariland ALS holster for every working pistol that I own. For an open carry/tactical holster, I wouldn't want anything else.
    Other people sell Safariland holsters on the internet. Heck, I bought at least 3 of mine off of Amazon.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    In today's modern virtual server world, its a total non issue.

Step 1: Stand up new platform on new virtual server.
    Step 2: thoroughly test new platform privately.
    Step 3: Change DNS to point to new virtual server with new platform so that consumers now browse to that server.

There. Done. No compatibility issues, weekend long maintenance windows, etc.

Believe me, I wish it was that damned easy. It seems like it is so right, and everyting is going along so smoothly, and then, after implementation, something jumps up and bites you in the poopoo. :abused:

It happens.

portercounty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2015
    Porter County
    Believe me, I wish it was that damned easy. It seems like it is so right, and everyting is going along so smoothly, and then, after implementation, something jumps up and bites you in the poopoo. :abused:

It happens.

Thorough testing in the digital environment combined with iterative implementation solves the problem quite well, given that any issue (of which there should be few if testing is reasonable) that can't be quickly solved in the Prod environment can be rolled back with a quickness and retested on the Dev side. Maybe instead of proper planning for the application architecture they spent all their money on the timer and the new promo video.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I've got a Safariland ALS holster for every working pistol that I own. For an open carry/tactical holster, I wouldn't want anything else.
    Other people sell Safariland holsters on the internet. Heck, I bought at least 3 of mine off of Amazon.
    This.
    ALS is awesome and worth any wait and any price within reason. Just wish there was a workaround for a red dot to fit in the ALS system.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    have not checked it out yet.. They missed the window of me wanting to purchase a spare holster for now..
    I agree there is really no reason to shut down a product web page like that, other than stupid marketing stunt.. At most I could see it not taking actual sales orders.. but I should have still been able to look up the part number so I could order it from a dealer...

Top Bottom