• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I haven't had to buy ammo in a while, and lately I've looked. Seems like most everywhere ammo is bought up, and guns are bought up, but I'm absolutely shocked to see 30rd mags are still available everywhere at good old days pricing. For example, PSA still has D&H's for $10, Botach still has Okay mags for $11 each. I'm just sitting here scratching my head wondering if there's something I'm missing and not seeing. Is this something that's going to change closer to November?

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    About when some of those new buyers figure out they're going to need more than the mag or two that came with the gun?
    Seriously, I don't know the answer.
    Personally, I made sure my mag supplies were in order back at the end of march, beginning of April. Wasn't a huge chore, and I do remember the craziness of that spell that began in late '12. I ordered in 10 Magpuls for the AR, picked up a half-dozen more 10/22 mags, made sure all the pistols had a half-dozen or more, etc. When I recently bought my first CZ 475, also looked around and bought about 10 mags. Now, there was a bit of sticker shock.
    Also made sure the spare parts kits for the AR and the 10/22s were in order, and ordered in a spare parts kit for the SigPro 2022 I've had for quite a while.
    Pretty well set, near as I can tell, for whatever the weird market conditions may bring.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Mags are easier to stock up on. Maybe the majority of people learned from last time? I’m sure it will happen, just wait until the guntubers point it out.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm in a similar boat, where I'm more than set with magazines. I just don't remember seeing a shortage of guns and ammo, but seeing mags still plentiful.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Wasn't that what the first round of economic stimulus was for?

On all recent purchases, I've also acquired a second identical firearm for back-up along with a third one for spare parts.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Blythe's in Griffith had two 55 gal drums of Pmags a couple of days ago.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    A lot of the gun shortage is because of new owners, IIRC I saw something the other day that over 40% of guns sold the last few months were first time buyers.
    The ammo shortage is from that and the old timers stocking up. I'm thinking (hoping more like it) that once the n00bs get a few boxes their buying will drop off and availability will improve somewhat.
    The reason for there still being plentiful mags is because the old timers, as far as they're concerned are already set, and the new gun owners don't realize having at least a few spares is a good idea. Not to mention there hasn't been much said recently about a "high cap" ban. The only mags I've bought in the last 6 months were for relatively new to me guns, got enough AR mags that I'll probably never buy any again, same with EDC unless I change that.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    I think we are in for a long fight on supply of everything.
    We are hanging on by a "thead"
    let's see.....

SCOTUS 4&4 then Roberts ??????

Senate 49 then ...

Ben Sasse???? flake ball maybe
    Collins???
    Murkowski????????

Mitt has gone Dem. for important votes. I have written him off.

Pres. Trump having to fight & scratch for every thing 24/7

Appeals Courts on Politcal Agendas...

District Courts defy the law....

Holcomb defies the IN Constitution.....

Dem. city mayors runin them into the ground & making them like third world country??

Nov. 3rd is critical........however....

Our votes just must get USA first by a larger margin of error......

Looks very SAD.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Mags are easier to stock up on. Maybe the majority of people learned from last time? I’m sure it will happen, just wait until the guntubers point it out.

This is no doubt what most people have done. If not they better get on it now. If things go left in November they will dry up fast. I'm good to go myself in this department.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A lot of the gun shortage is because of new owners, IIRC I saw something the other day that over 40% of guns sold the last few months were first time buyers.
    The ammo shortage is from that and the old timers stocking up. I'm thinking (hoping more like it) that once the n00bs get a few boxes their buying will drop off and availability will improve somewhat.
    The reason for there still being plentiful mags is because the old timers, as far as they're concerned are already set, and the new gun owners don't realize having at least a few spares is a good idea. Not to mention there hasn't been much said recently about a "high cap" ban. The only mags I've bought in the last 6 months were for relatively new to me guns, got enough AR mags that I'll probably never buy any again, same with EDC unless I change that.

Dana made the statement that 2.5 million guns sold to 1st time buyers/owners in 2020.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    It’s also possible that the manufacturers learned from the last drought as well. If they were smart they invested some of the millions they made last time into better more productive equipment.

Top Bottom