Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: When does the magazine shortage start?

User Info Menu

Steel AR-15 Mags $6.99 each, limit $26 $12.95 flat rate shipping to Indiana

https://globalordnance.com/shk-30rd-...0/#tab-reviews

User Info Menu

November 4th if Biden gets elected. That's when the shortage will take effect.
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

User Info Menu

What the heck, ordered a few to try.
    "If you are mad as hell and aren't gonna take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside. If you're the only one with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet"

"I saw a movie once where only the police and military had guns. It was called Schindler's List."

User Info Menu

Buy all the mags you want....no ammo to put in them........

Don

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nazgul View Post
    Buy all the mags you want....no ammo to put in them........

Don
    Ammoseek is showing 118 choices in 5.56 and 185 in .223 right now.

Plenty of ammo out there.

No cheap ammo, I'll give you that.

You didn't say anything about price, though.
    Internet...Serious Business!

User Info Menu

Rural King for the win on mags and sporadic cheap ammo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein View Post
    I'd have mag-dumped on that mother****er. And then curbstomped the corpse.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kozaturf View Post
    I believe Blythe's in Valpo has a sign up that says they charge like $25 or something if you get denied. It's a flat fee not a percentage.
    That seems fair. Flat fee for wasting their time.

25% restocking fee seems ridiculous. I think if restocking actually cost a business that much in labor, they'd go out of business pretty quick, because after moving a gun from their showcase to the vault and back for 4 days, the gun would have lost 100% of it's value to labor costs. Might as well give it away at that point, before it starts costing you money. Well, unless the 100% is calculated on the value of the gun when it's vaulted for the night. So a $1000 gun becomes a $750 gun on day two, but a $562.50 gun on day three, because the value is based on the previous day's value, rather than the original value. It might get them an extra week or two in business.

Does the employee who has to transfer the gun from the showcase to the vault and back get any commission on that 25% restocking fee? Wouldn't it be more lucrative to encourage felons to visit the shop, as the profit from non-sales would certainly exceed the profit from actual sales? Do the guns that have had someone pay a restocking fee of 25% get discounted 25% to an actual buyer who arrives before they've been restocked?

It's all so confusing.

Plinker

User Info Menu

The shortage has already started in my area. Hard to find stuff locally at a decent price.

User Info Menu

This panic is weird. I've been all stocked up as always, but as I posted in a couple earlier threads, it didn't seem to be hitting Indiana as badly as other areas. Online vendors seem to be able to produce or procure and deliver product, and local sales don't look to be too outrageous. NICS checks are through the roof, which would seem to indicate a national phenomenon, but I'm not really seeing it affecting me.

Then I look at national sales sites, like Gunbroker, and see things going for outrageous prices. It makes me wonder if it's profit-taking time for some of my "extra" guns. When I can easily get 4 times what I paid for one of my "fun guns", is it time to sell?

I kinda feel bad for the guys who are true 2A supporters, and just got to the age where they can exercise their gun rights, and now they have the current situation.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sigblaster View Post
    This panic is weird. I've been all stocked up as always, but as I posted in a couple earlier threads, it didn't seem to be hitting Indiana as badly as other areas. Online vendors seem to be able to produce or procure and deliver product, and local sales don't look to be too outrageous. NICS checks are through the roof, which would seem to indicate a national phenomenon, but I'm not really seeing it affecting me.

Then I look at national sales sites, like Gunbroker, and see things going for outrageous prices. It makes me wonder if it's profit-taking time for some of my "extra" guns. When I can easily get 4 times what I paid for one of my "fun guns", is it time to sell?

I kinda feel bad for the guys who are true 2A supporters, and just got to the age where they can exercise their gun rights, and now they have the current situation.
    What guns are going for 4 times the normal price? I honestly haven't seen that anywhere, even on Gunbroker. Prices are higher, but not 4 times higher. Not even 2 times higher on most things.
    Internet...Serious Business!

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast