Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

$200-$300 budget suggestions

Kind of a spin-off of another thread. When friends and family call and ask for deals on mags and ammo etc...where do you send them? If you had to put together a prioritized list with a budget of $200-$300 (Extended budget) what would that list look like? Assuming they have at least one handgun and one rifle.
    Last edited by Ziggy01; 08-06-2020 at 08:31.

User Info Menu

I couldn't tell you, but when my son moved his family from Fishers to Washington Indiana last week, we dropped by the next day to see the new place and I asked hum how he was set up?
    After hearing his Glock-17 was in a self storage locker someplace and he was out of 9mm for his G-26 he had with him, I gave him the four boxes of 9mm Remington FMJ I had just bought (all trey had on the shelves at the FW Rural King the week before), and before leaving I handed him a Marlin Mdl 60 and a partial box of .22, and a Mossberg 500 pump.
    I thought the Washington In Wal-Mart, might still sell shotgun shells.
    I don't know if there are any LGS in the area.
    Next rip I will have a couple boxes of shells for him some more .22 and a gun vault for his G-17.
    But that is what dads are for, no payment needed.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by STEEL CORE View Post
    I couldn't tell you, but when my son moved his family from Fishers to Washington Indiana last week, we dropped by the next day to see the new place and I asked hum how he was set up?
    After hearing his Glock-17 was in a self storage locker someplace and he was out of 9mm for his G-26 he had with him, I gave him the four boxes of 9mm Remington FMJ I had just bought (all trey had on the shelves at the FW Rural King the week before), and before leaving I handed him a Marlin Mdl 60 and a partial box of .22, and a Mossberg 500 pump.
    Next rip I will have a couple boxes of shells for him some more .22 and a gun vault for his G-17.
    I actually did something Similar for my brother. He is not in a position to spend an extra dime right and was out of everything.

This question may be more geared towards people not close to you, or in your inner circle.

User Info Menu

So a person has $200-$300 to spend on accessories and ammo? They already have the gun? I might be missing the point of this thread and if so I apologize.

Magazines are good investment. Realistically the only ammo a person would have is what fits in their magazines. Oh and the magazines donít do any good without the ammo. So new gun owner needs to also budget for at least 5 magazines for the gun, enough good quality ammo to fill those mags and some practice ammo. If their gun is a handgun I would also encourage them to buy a good belt, holster, mag pouch and invest in some type of small safe to secure the weapon. The little safes will set you back $20-$40.
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid." - Han Solo

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy01 View Post
    I actually did something Similar for my brother. He is not in a position to spend an extra dime right and was out of everything.

This question may be more geared towards people not close to you, or in your inner circle.
    My SIL and a nephew are about the only family member left I will take care of. Some very bad life choices have alienated anybody else from me even wanting them to be armed. I have seen to any needs they have. Raising a family comes 1st. Last. Always.
    If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldnít

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

What advice would I give to someone who needs to find deals on ammo/mags?

If you can find ammo, buy it.

Magazines (at this point) are essentially a commodity.
    Prices will be similar nearly everywhere. Add 'em to your ammo purchase.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by STEEL CORE View Post
    Does he realize how lucky he is to have you for a dad?

Expert

User Info Menu

Well who here would have ever thought they would see a 50ct box of 9mm sell for $25?

I would find a deal on ammo and blow the wad on my favorite cal and not look back...
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous...

User Info Menu

"You are on your own"

Like I tell everyone else.
    I wonít be wronged, I wonít be insulted, and I wonít be laid a hand on.

User Info Menu

Yeah, we had dinner with my son in Bloomington on Saturday, his birthday was Friday, and Bloomington is half way between, Fishers and Washington.
    Anyway I gave him a GunVault drop down mountable pistol safe, two boxes of 12 Ga, and a 325 box of .22lr.
    That should last him, he did say he stopped by the Washington Wal-Mart and they di have some 22lr and 12 Ga on the shelves, so now he is on his own.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast