• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    It's too bad that people are prosecuted and jailed for breaking an unconstitutional, completely BS law like the NFA, but rapist and murderers are constantly being set free... :rolleyes:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Last edited:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I should be clear that I was not flying around in a real airplane looking for something to bomb. :) Flight simulator! No pixels were harmed in making those pics.

I do not own an Fw 190 and I cannot time travel.

Oh hell, il screwed if the anti-flight sim crowd sees me. I can hear it now. Nobody needs a monitor that big or a computer that fast.

In all seriousness, thanks for the heads up T-D
    Wrong thread my friend :):

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    He used to be at all the gun shows up here, selling regular legal type firearms.
    he seemed like a nice guy. I hate to see this.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WPTA21) - Two men from DeKalb County are charded in a 17-count federal indictment alleging firearms offenses.

The editor of that article should be charded with not using spell check...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Off to the CM/ECF to see if I can read the actual charging documents.

[ETA]

Allegedly:

STEN receiver (unserialized), 13 suppressors, "bump-stock".

Knowing nothing more, that "bump-stock" charge is probably vulnerable just based upon the regulatory change.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I hope he didnt buy some of those oil filter cans they were selling at the gun shows recently.... I knew that was a honey trap.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I hope he didnt buy some of those oil filter cans they were selling at the gun shows recently.... I knew that was a honey trap.

I have been seeing ads for "solvent traps" on FB. I report these ads. Not because I think suppressors should be NFA, or infringed in any way, but because I hate the idea that they are luring unsuspecting people into committing a felony without even knowing it.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I wonder how many gangsters and their ilk are federally prosecuted and their inventory stolen?

I remember only 2 in Chi-town that got nabbed for those stupid Chinese G 18 switches. Who needs that except to spray and prey upon other gangsters? Goofballs!

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I have been seeing ads for "solvent traps" on FB. I report these ads. Not because I think suppressors should be NFA, or infringed in any way, but because I hate the idea that they are luring unsuspecting people into committing a felony without even knowing it.

Are those illegal to own? I know they become illegal if mounted to a firearm.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    FarBlankAmericancrow-size_restricted.gif

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Are those illegal to own? I know they become illegal if mounted to a firearm.

Legal to own, sure. But the ones that I've seen advertised on FB are not solvent traps but suppressors. At least that is what is pictured. With baffles that have a central bore hole.

It's one of those squishy areas that can be used to ensnare someone "they" don't like. Do you have the resources to fight a charge? Yes, legal to buy and own. And Bubba tells his buddy all they need to do is drill out the end and viola, you have a suppressor that Bubba assures his buddy is still legal.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Legal to own, sure. But the ones that I've seen advertised on FB are not solvent traps but suppressors. At least that is what is pictured. With baffles that have a central bore hole.

It's one of those squishy areas that can be used to ensnare someone "they" don't like. Do you have the resources to fight a charge? Yes, legal to buy and own. And Bubba tells his buddy all they need to do is drill out the end and viola, you have a suppressor that Bubba assures his buddy is still legal.

Yeah I definitely wouldn't ever own one, but I didn't think possessing one would be illegal, unless maybe it's been drilled out and used.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Yeah I definitely wouldn't ever own one, but I didn't think possessing one would be illegal, unless maybe it's been drilled out and used.

With the oil filter adapters, Bubba shoots it a few times and giggles at thinking he's doing something no one else has thought of, then trashes the used filter and keeps a few unmodified filters around "just in case." But the ones I've been seeing are something Bubba will keep around because hey, it's a nice suppressor and why should he pay $500 for something that he can legally buy for a hundred bucks and is easy to make work. And someone who knows Bubba has it, like an angry ex, tells the law and suddenly Bubba is a felon. All because "they couldn't sell it if it wasn't legal." Even better is when the BATFE decides the company is selling suppressors and seizes the business records and Bubba is now in their sights.

Top Bottom