• ...and so much more!
  • Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I have some Enfields and have restored a few to original military configuration. There are many on here with military surplus collections and knowledge well beyond my own. I won't list names but I am sure just about any question you ask can be answered.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I just picked up an Enfield yesterday and spent the majority of this morning researching it. I believe I have a No. 1 MK4 Sporter. It does not have the typical (front) stock/hand guard look that is associated with the Enfield. The butt stock is the same though. It's rather atrocious and I will probably swap it. It came with a 5 round mag too.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I just picked up an Enfield yesterday and spent the majority of this morning researching it. I believe I have a No. 1 MK4 Sporter. It does not have the typical (front) stock/hand guard look that is associated with the Enfield. The butt stock is the same though. It's rather atrocious and I will probably swap it. It came with a 5 round mag too.

5 round or 10? Normal would be 10.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It's a 5. It barely sticks out the bottom of the rifle. It also has a "4-5" stamped on the follower.

Interesting! I didn't know they made them in 5 round. I wonder if they had both for the military configuration, or if that was something developed for the sporter application as an aftermarket item?

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Interesting! I didn't know they made them in 5 round. I wonder if they had both for the military configuration, or if that was something developed for the sporter application as an aftermarket item?

There were some Military 5 round mags made for the military..

EAL made some in the 50s

https://webpages.uidaho.edu/stratton/EALrifle.htm

Santa Fe made some for the sporting world..

https://webpages.uidaho.edu/stratton/SantaFeRifles.htm

And there are some 15 rounders..

https://www.thehulltruth.com/fishin...303-magazine-sale-www-gunaccessories-com.html

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I had one 30 years ago, sold it when we needed funds. was able to replace it last year and I did this one up rather nicely. I've gotten some thumbs up for doing it up so well, and some animosity for ruining a piece of history... lol. I'm not an expert in them, but I do like them, or rather the design in general. The shallow 60* bolt throw, short stroke, and cock on close is really nice, and makes for a very fast handling bolt gun. The 10 round magazine just adds to this, and is great for a combat rifle. Until this thread, I didn't know there were 5 or 15 rounders... Cool to know.

OP, do you have one or are you looking for one? You could always share a photo if you have one...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    There were some Military 5 round mags made for the military..

EAL made some in the 50s

https://webpages.uidaho.edu/stratton/EALrifle.htm

Santa Fe made some for the sporting world..

https://webpages.uidaho.edu/stratton/SantaFeRifles.htm

And there are some 15 rounders..

https://www.thehulltruth.com/fishin...303-magazine-sale-www-gunaccessories-com.html

Thanks! A 15 rounder would be pretty cool, but when I tried to go to the website listed in that link (www.gunaccessories.com) it took me to some holster site.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Thanks! A 15 rounder would be pretty cool, but when I tried to go to the website listed in that link (www.gunaccessories.com) it took me to some holster site.

You snooze you loose.. Should have bought them when the company was in business.. :)

Those 15 rounders almost like a BAR mag.. That would be cool, but tiring. Remember how you tucker out using the Trench Magazine on the Mauser.

rotag84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Hamilton County

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    My son is looking for a Lee Enfield No4 Mk1 or Lee Enfield No4 Mk2. He's building a WWII collection. If anyone is interested in selling or knows where one in good to very good condition is he would probably buy it from you. He just bought a K98, M1 Garand, and a 6.5 Carcano M91TS. He needs an Enfield, Arisaka, Mosin, and a MAS Modèle 36.

Last edited:

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    My son is looking for a Lee Enfield No4 Mk1 or Lee Enfield No4 Mk2. He's building a WWII collection. If anyone is interested in selling or knows where one in good to very good condition is he would probably buy it from you. He just bought a K98, M1 Garand, and a 6.5 Carcano M91TS. He needs an Enfield, Arisaka, Mosin, and a MAS Modèle 36.

What, you guys going to exclude Austrian & Czech arms from the list :)

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    What, you guys going to exclude Austrian & Czech arms from the list :)

I'm sure he'll add that to the list eventually. He's been wanting to do this since he was in his early teens, now he's able and he's buying them about as fast as they appear. He wants nice ones so it's taking awhile to get what he wants.

Top Bottom