• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    So looking into the current state of affairs I find myself wising I never sold my Cmmg mk47 with 5k rounds or my 300 blackout. I hope the member that I sold the mk47 to is still loving it. I've sold many guns but rarely because I had to, more just because I thought I wouldn't use it or it never made it in the range mix. Now just to make myself feel better I am asking if anyone else has done the same

wish I never sold
    DDm4V5
    mk47

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Cz 455 lux. I had put tech sights on it. Picked up a 455 trainer as a replacement today.

1928 Winchester model 12. I absolutely loved that gun. Loved it, dings and missing blue and all.

Guess I've learned my lesson.

So looking into the current state of affairs I find myself wising I never sold my Cmmg mk47 with 5k rounds or my 300 blackout. I hope the member that I sold the mk47 to is still loving it. I've sold many guns but rarely because I had to, more just because I thought I wouldn't use it or it never made it in the range mix. Now just to make myself feel better I am asking if anyone else has done the same

wish I never sold
    DDm4V5
    mk47

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Oh geez, are we doing this again?

CMP issued Springfield M1-D from Port Clinton in 1993. I bought it in 1998, sold it to a dealer in 2004 stating I would be back. In 2006 I learned he'd sold it.

M1-DCMPKit.jpg

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Hell, wish I'd bought way more stuff back in the day ... especially that self-storage unit packed full of eastern bloc milsurp a not gun guy parishioner was trying to sell for his not gun guy retired pastor. "Who really needs all those bakelite mags, Mosins, and crates of 7.62x54r and 7N6?" I thought. So I bought a few of each and ignored the rest.

:ugh:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    It was 1973 in the Fall or maybe 1974 in the Spring & I was 20, just married & in my last year of college.
    I started shooting, buying & selling guns, mostly .22LR just like I have done the last 3+ yrs.
    I had this US Army .22LR luger-style semi-automatic I picked up for $20 or $25 (got it cheap b/c it had a cracked grip on one side with a small missing piece.
    It was accurate & fun, even had my wife shooting it.
    I was told it was an Army trainer, & not a common gun to get ahold of.
    I always wished I'd had the sense to have kept it as a token of my early days.
    Never seen anything like it since.

Talkinghalls

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 11, 2020
    NW Indiana
    Sold my Ruger Blackhawk .357 and Ruger GP100 several years ago for a house payment.
    Wife lost her job due to health issues so money became super tight really fast.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    At this point I don't have any that I regret selling.

Maybe a Remington 870 12 gauge with a 21" barrel, but I already replaced it with one wearing an 18" barrel.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    1st Gen HiPoint Carbine. I liked it at the time but needed the cash to pay some bills. Sold it with a few others I really didn't care for. But the new gen HP Carbines really don't look good.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Interesting thread again as I was checking that since GunBroker I have sold over 500 guns. Don’t know how many in my lifetime but I miss a Nickel Colt SAA the most followed by a L Frame 5 shot 44 Spcl.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    High Standard HD military maybe?

https://www.guns.com/news/2013/02/21/the-high-standard-hd-22-pistol-dirty-deeds-done-dirt-cheap

It was 1973 in the Fall or maybe 1974 in the Spring & I was 20, just married & in my last year of college.
    I started shooting, buying & selling guns, mostly .22LR just like I have done the last 3+ yrs.
    I had this US Army .22LR luger-style semi-automatic I picked up for $20 or $25 (got it cheap b/c it had a cracked grip on one side with a small missing piece.
    It was accurate & fun, even had my wife shooting it.
    I was told it was an Army trainer, & not a common gun to get ahold of.
    I always wished I'd had the sense to have kept it as a token of my early days.
    Never seen anything like it since.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    There are a handful that I wish now I hadn't sold - but, honestly, nothing truly memorable.

A few of those are worth 3x the price I paid now - so it kind of stings the proverbial wallet.

I've had a few different TT-33 pistols. One was in 7.62x25, one was in 9mm. Meh. They went bang. Not comfortable.
    I've had at least one CZ-52 in x25 as well. Meh. They went bang. Not comfortable.
    I've had at least one Polish P-11. Beautiful and well made little gun. Went bang. Most definitely not comfortable.

years ago I walked into a LNIB G17 at Gander Mountain for a song. Bought it. Walked in to a $80 holster in the used bin at Bradis for it. Managed to walk in to a pile of used mags for it. Was a nice fantastic setup. Sold it all several years ago. that one stings a little NOW in today's world.

When 21st Century Arms up in Bluffton was rolling under Filler's ownership, I bought one of his side-project WaffenWerks AK-74m pattern rifles for a right decent price. Had a few mags. Had issues with it. Back to the factory it went - then it came back to me with like 10x more mags for my trouble. Had a case of ammo. And I sold it all a few months before the Sandy Hook massacre. I still don't have an AK pattern rifle - and that one would've been nice to keep. But things got hinky with that ammo supply if I remember right - and I've not looked since then to know if it's available any longer or not, nor the price if it is.

Had a LOW serial # Springfield EMP not long after they came out. Upgraded the grips on it. BEAUTIFUL little gun. Incredibly accurate. Unforgiving of ammo choices. Once it came back from the factory for piercing primers, it ran like a sewing machine. But - I learned that I'm not much of a 1911 fan and sold it. These days, I think I'd like the 4" EMP (or a Dan Wesson...)

Had an H&K P7 PSP for a short time, too. That one stings in the wallet more than anything. Same with the Saiga 12ga I had for a short time. Stings the wallet in today's market.

Had an amazingly accurate CZ-452 Varmint for a while. Bought it at Bradis one day along with at least 2 other guns. Little rifle had a trigger job done on it. It was sweet. But then I rarely ever shot it. So I sold it. That would be neat to have to train my kids on.

But, honestly, there's nothing I've sold/traded out of that I'm devastated over.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Haven't sold all that much. I did inherit a few older firearms from a great aunt. They were her fathers.

Sold a Remington Nylon and an old revolver that shot 32 wcf. Neither were that valuable; I got less than $1,000 total.

I regret mainly for the nostalgia and because I used the funds on a scope I shouldn't have purchased (Bad advice) and a modern handgun I don't shoot all that much. Nylon would have been fun to shoot.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Oh geez, are we doing this again?
    I guess so. The OP was around for the last time, but...

Anywho, traded my Marlin 39M for a new fangled Remington autoloader.

It took me thirty years to get that problem rectified: bought back the Marlin, sold the Viper at a gunshow.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I regret selling my Marlin 39M Octagon .22cal lever action. Marlin only made something like 2100 of them in 1973. Not even sure what I sold it to buy, but whatever it was I no longer have it either?Paid $250.00 for it in 1987. Now when you see them on GB they are "fetching" $1200.00 +. Just a neat little rifle that I miss.

Top Bottom