• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Check at the store. The one local to me uses a outside contractor for the actual delivery. Wasn't cheap. If I had to use the delivery service it would have been cheaper to rent a uhaul and dolly. And all they'd do deliver to the door, nothing inside.

Last edited:

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Dunhams was the same with expen$ive outside service that would have also charged mileage. So they loaded it in my truck on it's side, when I got home we slide it on it's side down wood ramps and in thru the front door where it was then tipped upright onto the largest furniture sliders to be found and slid it all the way thru the house across 32" X 48" pieces of masonite aka hardboard atop the carpet. It ended up being much easier than expected.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I'm only 3-4 mins from the Tractor Supply by me and I ended up just renting a trailer from them to move my safe in. The delivery was spendy to say the least. They did say they use a local company to do it and that they were backed up almost 4 weeks, I'd have to schedule it with them, it could end up being more if they get to my house and need to make any adjustments to how they deliver the safe, etc.

If you use the delivery service, I'd make sure that you give the company as much detail as possible to ensure you have the correct costs up front.

Contender

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2014
    Lawrence County
    It don't help with stairs but put some strips of plywood on the floor, cut 3 pieces of pvc pipe and set the safe on. Can roll and turn as needed to get wherever you want. Can even roll it right across the door thresehold. I moved a 750 lb'der in recently with just 2 of us, never strained.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Dunhams was the same with expen$ive outside service that would have also charged mileage. So they loaded it in my truck on it's side, when I got home we slide it on it's side down wood ramps and in thru the front door where it was then tipped upright onto the largest furniture sliders to be found and slid it all the way thru the house across 32" X 48" pieces of masonite aka hardboard atop the carpet. It ended up being much easier than expected.

Be very careful loading on it's side. I did the same with mine and was talking to someone later about it and if the safe has any sort of relocker, tipping on it's side can set it off leaving it permanently locked.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville

From a guy that built people elevators for better than 20 years, change those pvc rollers to wood rollers. 3' wood dowels or broomsticks....
    Wood doesn't collapse or shatter and when plastic fails most likely fingers will be under the safe.... The fingers you save may be your own.
    If you are going to use rollers get at least three, two under the safe and one starting under in the direction the safe is being moved.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    From a guy that built people elevators for better than 20 years, change those pvc rollers to wood rollers. 3' wood dowels or broomsticks....
    Wood doesn't collapse or shatter and when plastic fails most likely fingers will be under the safe.... The fingers you save may be your own.
    If you are going to use rollers get at least three, two under the safe and one starting under in the direction the safe is being moved.

I use several 1 inch thick pvc pipe rollers and some flat pieces of steel. Moved the safe easily, just take up the sections behind and put them in front. One of the reasons I keep the safes anchored is because I'm certain thieves know how to do this as well.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I use several 1 inch thick pvc pipe rollers and some flat pieces of steel. Moved the safe easily, just take up the sections behind and put them in front. One of the reasons I keep the safes anchored is because I'm certain thieves know how to do this as well.

I have moved 100's of tons of heavy steel in my life as a Elevator Constructor...
    All of my vaults are quick bolted to the floor also, but using plastic rollers in a no no, all it take s is for the safe/vault to hop or roll over a chunk of something hard and it splits it fails. I have seen poor choices of heavy moving go wrong. Its a really poor choice when wood or steel is as easily available.
    I use wood rollers and a johnson bar. Wood is used so when one is rolling across the concrete and runs over debris it just compresses into the wood and you keep moving forward. I moved 3 of 4 big Brownings from Maryland to here myself into the house and shop. and the fourth was with my youngest son when he was about 12.
    If anybody needs to borrow a Johnson bar just let me know...

D K

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    +1 on the wood rollers and the stair-climber lift, but a mover would be cheaper than multiple hospital bills if you’re doing a lot of stairs and things go awry! A buddy helped move a safe out of a basement, and a corner just tapped a vertical railing, kicked the safe over, and they were pretty much stuck in place for an hour until someone else came by and was able to help!

if you’re just going up a few steps, or are keeping it in the garage, it’s going to be easier than you think, I’ve done it myself with a 60-minute safe, but if you get into the 120-minutes safes, the door alone can weigh more than other safes.

Be “safe”!

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Remove the door. It makes it more manageable. Me and a bil moved my 36 gun safe up stairs into the house, then down the interior stairs using a moving strap setup bought at Menards. It's a strap that goes under the object and hooks to some shoulder straps.

SOUP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Noblesville
    They literally put mine on a pallet and slid it into the bed of our farm truck, F450. It barely fit. I was also an idiot and bought it on sale last winter, while it was snowing. So that made it a pain in the ass to unload. We got it into the house after removing the door and sliding it on a towel tough. Overall it wasn't that bad of a process.

wwdkd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Valparaiso
    I had a Liberty USA 30 delivered by tractor supply last year. It came well packaged and the guy dropped it right in my garage for me. Couldn't have been easier.

FN USA

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Sellersburg
    I have a Liberty 30 and being in the military has caused me to move multiple times. I've strained my finger before when I point out where I want the movers to place it. Good Luck!:):

Top Bottom