• ...and so much more!
  • zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I recently sent back a revovler thst the finish was basically flaking off. After an email and a photo, they sent a prepaid label. The received it Friday according to tracking. I got email this morning that they received it. I never got any other updates. I called in to see timeline and the representative had no answer on time line. Said it would probably be a month or so.

This seems like an extremely long time to me. Had a ruger wrangler do basically same thing and it was sent repaired and back to me in ten days.

Is smith just this slow at repair work? The person I spoke with was not friendly and did not seem to care or listen. I’m grateful they seem to have a solid warranty and are fixing it, but was curious what others have dealt with time line wise.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I sent a revolver in for the "M" modification. It took a while but that was not during the current times we are living in. I would expect they are slammed and are running on a reduced work force. It is the situation we are in across most industries. A new normal as they say.

You could call back and hope you get a different rep. The other one may have been having a bad day.

Other than that, be patient. They will take care of you.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Have had nothing but good experiences with every factory repair I have ever done. I will admit however, I work hard at “knowing” the right people. Heck, many peeps do not even have a relationship with their carriers let alone Whois fixing their guns

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I think the current virus has slowed everything way down. I sent in a 45 Shield about three years ago for repairs and had it back in just over a week.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I have had 8 S&Ws I have 6 left on my collection I had one issue on an early 4006 that they fixed I have called them ro order a revolver grip pin missing ok n a used gun or new recoil spring and wvery time The CS rep simply sent it to me free

So in my experience they are top notch

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Hoping it doesn’t take too long. I just stocked up on a bunch of 22 mag ammo to shoot through it. Just called them on a whim bc the finish was junk and they said send it in so I wasn’t going to say no.

mike4

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Central Indiana
    It never got to the point of sending anything in, but I gave up on S&W after they completely orphaned the M&P 22 pistol (that they outsourced) with zero parts support immediately after introducing their M&P 22 Compact pistol, so they were unable to resolve off axis barrel threads on an M&P 22 purchased new shortly before the transition.

I'm curious on the original issue, what type of finish was it?

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    it is the standard matte black finish in the 351c revolver. It came up the bottom of trigger guard completely.

It never got to the point of sending anything in, but I gave up on S&W after they completely orphaned the M&P 22 pistol (that they outsourced) with zero parts support immediately after introducing their M&P 22 Compact pistol, so they were unable to resolve off axis barrel threads on an M&P 22 purchased new shortly before the transition.

I'm curious on the original issue, what type of finish was it?

PatriotX

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 6, 2014
    Michiana
    The factory does a changeover in the summer, and they are shut down for a short period where they don’t take on any work. Adding the pandemic issues to that has led to some lengthy lead times for recent warranty work.

They will take care of you, It is just taking a bit longer now.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    yea probably will forget about it and it will show up one day and be like a free Christmas present to myself LOL

The factory does a changeover in the summer, and they are shut down for a short period where they don’t take on any work. Adding the pandemic issues to that has led to some lengthy lead times for recent warranty work.

They will take care of you, It is just taking a bit longer now.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I bought a SW .22LR revolver from a member here who took it in on trade or bought it off a friend just to help him out.
    He put it into his safe & forgot about it.
    I ended up buying it, took it to the range, but the cylinder wouldn't cycle.
    The gun was like new so it was a puzzle.
    I took it over to ZR Tactical that I'd dealt with before thinking it was a quick fix of an adjustment b/c timing was off perhaps.
    Zack said that it would have to be sent back & I did.
    They sent me a new one.
    Wow! I was impressed. :)

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I bought a SW .22LR revolver from a member here who took it in on trade or bought it off a friend just to help him out.
    He put it into his safe & forgot about it.
    I ended up buying it, took it to the range, but the cylinder wouldn't cycle.
    The gun was like new so it was a puzzle.
    I took it over to ZR Tactical that I'd dealt with before thinking it was a quick fix of an adjustment b/c timing was off perhaps.
    Zack said that it would have to be sent back & I did.
    They sent me a new one.
    Wow! I was impressed. :)

I thought that was a Ruger you had replaced?

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    You got my hopes up!!! Ruger has best service around and I don’t think it’s even close. I still have faith in smith. Gonna try to forget about it. Being impatient isn’t going to get it here faster
    You've got a better memory than I have, Web: your right: a Ruger SP101 Stainless steel (I think :)).

Top Bottom