Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Packing a firearm at the Family Reunion.

User Info Menu

Yes. Everywhere. I was carrying a stainless Colt Commander at my last wedding.

User Info Menu

Perhaps a better question is where not to pack.
    No Compromise

User Info Menu

I carry everywhere/everyday. I've had to disarm once this year to go into the courthouse to get a marriage license. Hated it.

If my properly holstered firearm isn't welcome, I don't go. Most of my family is conservative. My wife has a bleeding heart liberal sister but we don't really deal with her. She's not even sensible.
    It's ok! I'm an INGO member!

Todd Young (R-IN)
    https://www.young.senate.gov/contact

Mike Braun (R-IN)
    https://www.braun.senate.gov/contact-mike

Find your U.S. Rep
    http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

/l ,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Marksman

User Info Menu

I'm always carrying something.
    My oldest daughter is pretty left leaning but yesterday she really surprised me, she bought some furniture at IKEA and wanted to know if we could take my truck to pick up her stuff.
    I thought it would be nice spending time with her so I took her to dinner before we went. I was shocked when she said (Dad you do have a gun with you right) l was pretty proud and we actually talked about getting her some lessons and a carry permit.
    Dan

User Info Menu

I carried a "bbq gun" to a wedding last Fri night. I'm sure there were plenty of others carrying, nothing was mentioned but I know for sure because, coincidentally, the officiant of the vows happened to be carrying a Glock that he bought from me so...
    sauce will thicken upon standing

User Info Menu

Never leave home without it. Carried at a wedding yesterday.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by farmerdan View Post
    I'm always carrying something.
    My oldest daughter is pretty left leaning but yesterday she really surprised me, she bought some furniture at IKEA and wanted to know if we could take my truck to pick up her stuff.
    I thought it would be nice spending time with her so I took her to dinner before we went. I was shocked when she said (Dad you do have a gun with you right) l was pretty proud and we actually talked about getting her some lessons and a carry permit.
    Dan
    Good for her.
    It's ok! I'm an INGO member!

Todd Young (R-IN)
    https://www.young.senate.gov/contact

Mike Braun (R-IN)
    https://www.braun.senate.gov/contact-mike

Find your U.S. Rep
    http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

/l ,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

User Info Menu

One of my best friends wife was mennonite. When he made a visit to her sisters house the brother in law asked him if he was carrying, he said yes. BIL asked him to put it in his car. Surprisingly he did put it in the car. On the next visit the BIL asked him if that was a gun on his side. He raised his shirt to show him it was a cell phone. He did have an ankle holster with a G27 in it

Normally he wouldn’t go at all but he loves his wife and you know happy wife happy life.

I did crack me up on the last time when the BIL asked him if he was carrying a gun, he replied “Since you don’t like guns just rest assured that if we’re ever in public together and something bad happens I won’t use the scary gun to protect you or your family.” The BIL just had a blank dumb look on his face.

Then my buddy said “I’m sure you have already thought about such a situation and have a plan so good for you.” He said his BIL had a look on his face like he was trying figure out the square route of 9,675,547.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DadSmith View Post
    We had our yearly family reunion today. As usual a lot of food, laughing, pictures and fun. What was different this year than past years reunions was over 50% of my family where packing a firearm. Usually 3 or 4 did. So what has the family up in arms so to speak?

Other than reminiscing, most of the talk was about the lawlessness and riots going on. What I seen today was amazing to say the least. My family is split about 50/50 Democrat and Republican a few libertarians mixed in. All were in agreement the lawlessness must be stopped by whatever means necessary. Which was surprising as well. Many of my die hard Democrat voting family members said they were voting for Trump this year.

I think if the election isn't rigged Trump wins big this election.

That said how many people pack a firearm to a family reunion?
    I do.
    Orthodox Christian | NRA | GOA | MGNOC | ARRL Member | Purdue Alumnus

User Info Menu

Went to my aunts 80th birthday party yesterday. She and most of her friends/family are very “liberal”.
    Her best friend came up to me and said “I’m not sure what you call what you’re doing, “packing?”, I used to be scared when I’d see someone with one. These days I’m glad to see it and feel very safe being next to you.”
    We had a short, pleasant conversation. She actually thanked me for carrying.
    It was nice hearing that from an 80ish year old woman! Especially hearing how her views have changed in just the past couple years.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast