Packing a firearm at the Family Reunion.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    We had our yearly family reunion today. As usual a lot of food, laughing, pictures and fun. What was different this year than past years reunions was over 50% of my family where packing a firearm. Usually 3 or 4 did. So what has the family up in arms so to speak?

Other than reminiscing, most of the talk was about the lawlessness and riots going on. What I seen today was amazing to say the least. My family is split about 50/50 Democrat and Republican a few libertarians mixed in. All were in agreement the lawlessness must be stopped by whatever means necessary. Which was surprising as well. Many of my die hard Democrat voting family members said they were voting for Trump this year.

I think if the election isn't rigged Trump wins big this election.

That said how many people pack a firearm to a family reunion?

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Mine are in Page or Oak Hill, WV or Ripley, Sardis or Jackson, Mississippi.. If one shows up without a firearm, you will not be in any Here Watch this Videos....

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    My motto is, "Always lawful, usually armed." I see you're from Ripley County, my Mom is originally from Sunman. Her Dad/my Grandpa had long guns over every door in the house. The old pictures of me and my cousins at Christmas with the family and pictures of the family at various events? There were few pictures you didn't see a gun!!

Based on what I observed as a small child, everybody there is armed. Carry on!!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well I pack everywhere regardless these days. If you do not want me to carry at your place well I just wont come to your place I guess.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    Not necessarily at reunions, but most gatherings end with some steel targets getting blasted.

The in-laws house is usually pistols.

Mom and Dad s house is a mixed range of pistol and rifle shooting.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    most of the family on dad's side carry, some on mom's.
    Last get together was this spring for a cousin's B-day. I couldn't even guess how many were packing, 10 for sure, including the B-day boy.
    His wife gave him a Henry. 22

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Always. The joy of sitting in my aunt's kitchen listening to her ramble on about how her son carries and he's "gonna shoot himself in the butt someday." while I sit there across the table with a gun IWB and she has no clue. I think he carries IWB @4oclock/8oclock like me and she doesnt realize he's got it in a holster.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    If you carry, why wouldn't you carry at the family reunion? At our family gatherings, there are always several of us that are carrying. Not everyone in attendance is aware, but those of us who carry know pretty much who else is as well.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    We have soldiers, sailors, airmen, Marines, cops, prison guards, etc... And we all come from German Baptist and Quaker farmers.... Yep. We all have guns. The big thing about our old meeting place was a range.

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    My Cousin and I are the only attendees who carry. Both Retired LEO, and always concealed. It's not very exciting, mostly dinner, chatting, jokes, and then clean up. Never had any issues, and always with a town permit for the picnic shelter. Couple On-Duty LEO's drive by, we wave, we know most of them.

In 38 years of Reunions, never has the subject of being armed ever came up. I'm sure some folks know, and sadly, some of the Uncles and Grandpas aren't with us anymore. We carry the tradition, and are the Sheepdogs.

Add: Had a discussion with my Wife, about the reunion and Uncles and Grandpas carrying CCWs. She said that more than a couple of them had pocket pieces, meaning of course, concealed CCW's. Same thing that it wasn't really discussed. Few were WW2 Vets,all carried a pocket knife too. The Generation was the Greatest.

Last edited:

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    Well I pack everywhere regardless these days. If you do not want me to carry at your place well I just wont come to your place I guess.

Don't know about you but for me it's amazing how many places this has changed in the past couple of months. Friends, relatives and 1 family member that had previously requested people not carry at their house are suddenly fine with it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Don't know about you but for me it's amazing how many places this has changed in the past couple of months. Friends, relatives and 1 family member that had previously requested people not carry at their house are suddenly fine with it.

Gee whiz I wonder what has changed the minds of those who are anti 2-A.

Possibly the realization that we are on our own....????

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    I carry everywhere, everyday, except where a "no firearms" sign carries the weight of the law, and in Indiana, that isn't very many places.

My siblings excluded, many of my biological family are hard core liberals and don't invite me to such events and I'm all tore up about it.

Top Bottom