Thread: Amend2 Magazines

User Info Menu

Amend2 Magazines

https://www.amend2mags.com/

I was wondering if anyone has any of these magazines and if you like them, are they reliable?
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DadSmith View Post
    https://www.amend2mags.com/

I was wondering if anyone has any of these magazines and if you like them, are they reliable?
    I bought 6 at my LGS several years ago; 3 of them have stayed loaded since then and have shot other 3 in several different ARs. No problems with feeding or locking in magwels. I'd buy more if I ran across them.

Shooter

User Info Menu

I'm not a Plastic AR/M16 platform person. Alum GI mags have always worked well for my family..

User Info Menu

I have a pair of them, that work fine. I bought them last year, and have used them several times without issue.

User Info Menu

Me and my buddies were coming out of the Louisville NRA convention on Sunday afternoon and this guy came up to us and asked us if we owned ARs. When we said yes, he opened up the duffel bag he was carrying and handed each of us an Amend mag. He said that they were flying home and couldn't carry them on the plane. He wanted to be sure they went to someone who would keep them and not sell them off. It has been a good mag and haven't had any issues yet. I went out and bought a couple more just to support them.
    Life member NRA
    Life member VHA
    Member OGCA

User Info Menu

So I take it they are just as good as Magpul Pmags?
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Clay Pigeon View Post
    I'm not a Plastic AR/M16 platform person. Alum GI mags have always worked well for my family..
    I've bought a few Duramag Stainless steel. I need to test them out for 556. 7.62x39 and 6.5 grendel mags from them work great.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I have owned 3 for a year now. In comparison to Magpul, the springs are a bit weaker, but not enough to be problematic. They fit and function fine.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DadSmith View Post
    So I take it they are just as good as Magpul Pmags?
    Definitely not: the plastic is quite a bit thinner, which results in substantial flex at the top of the magazine.
    Personal experience: the flex results in magazine expanding to the point of not dropping freely from the magwell.
    That being said, after some time of loading/unloading, flexing it back and forth they seem to be fine (but no way of telling how it'll behave in an adverse environment).
    Overall quality is also noticeably lower (not bad, just not as polished as pmags).

User Info Menu

I'd never heard of these until this thread. Lo and behold, I got an email from Odin Works advertising this:
    https://www.odinworks.com/product_p/...77e9-272594545
    I don't get emails from Odin Works very often, but I am on their email list. Coincidence, or some nefarious plot from China?