Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gunvault SpeedVault

Marksman

User Info Menu

Gunvault SpeedVault

I am interested in something for overnight bedroom storage, that still allows quick access. The gunvault speedvault would fit my space great. I know that biometrics were not that good a few years ago. I understand it's not a safe, it's not meant to be one.

My questions are.
    1. Have the biometrics gotten better?
    2 what is a better option, that is made to occupy the same space. (Mount on a vertical surface)
    3. Should I just keep my money and wait for something else.

Any owners of Gunvault SpeedVaults knowledge is appreciated.

Mods if this belongs in Accessories and Gear please move.
    Never argue with stupid people.

User Info Menu

I have one, I have it bolted to the bed frame on one side of the bed, roll over, enter a 4 button code, the drawer drops and out pops a G-22 with Light/laser combo.
    I just gave my son one and found them both at Rural King.

User Info Menu

No. Biometrics in that size/form factor are still not reliable enough to bet your life on.

Stick with the 4 button version. I own several.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    No. Biometrics in that size/form factor are still not reliable enough to bet your life on.

Stick with the 4 button version. I own several.
    I have a buddy who can get 1 biometric one for under $100 this weekend, button version is not allowed.
    I don't think I would pay full price for one.
    Last edited by Jaybird1980; 1 Week Ago at 14:26.

User Info Menu

"If you are mad as hell and aren't gonna take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside. If you're the only one with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet"

"I saw a movie once where only the police and military had guns. It was called Schindler's List."

User Info Menu

Huh.

There's a whole lot of ****ty gun "safes" on the market.

A lot of the electronic ones (keypad or fingerprint) rely on solenoids, which can often be beaten with a hard bump or powerful magnet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by snorko View Post
    Thanks

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    Huh.

There's a whole lot of ****ty gun "safes" on the market.

A lot of the electronic ones (keypad or fingerprint) rely on solenoids, which can often be beaten with a hard bump or powerful magnet.
    Anyone familiar with it could defeat it, or you could just smash it a couple times and it would open. As I said it's not a safe, I have one of those. This would be for a different purpose.

Semi-Moderator

User Info Menu

These are not meant to be safes. If you want to get in them, they are easily defeated. They serve a purpose, for me, of keeping them out of others hands, like my kids and their friends. And maybe a dumb burglar. If I want more security, I have a proper safe for them.

Need help posting Pictures? GO HERE for imgur
    >>>>>>>>>>
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...ing-video.html

How to embed a YouTube video....
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...st7836731NGOer

# 22951

User Info Menu

I prefer the Simplex type myself but others will do an acceptable job if you keep it in a place that most people are not aware it's there. Mainly it keeps little hands from being able to open a drawer and pick up a gun.

I once read that the average amount of time a robber spends in a house is like 5 1/2 minutes grabbing TV's, computers, audio equipment. If you have no indications that you are a firearm owner, they may not even take the time to look for them.

That video sure makes it look easy to open, but unless you know that trick, you probably won't get it open very quickly or quietly.

Just my opinion and I believe in getting the best but if the best is out of reach or not applicable for some reason, a modicum of security is better than none at all.

Anything is possible

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast