Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: FedEx/UPS losses during shipping

Plinker

User Info Menu

FedEx/UPS losses during shipping

Just wondering if anyone else has suffered a "loss" of shipment of ammo or other firearm-related matter while using UPS or FedEx. We are supposed to use contract carriers for these kinds of shipments, and are also supposed to mark the boxes with the distinctive "ORM-D" or other restricted materials designation when shipping ammo, but it seems that these markings make the box a target for theft.

I recently shipped ammo that was received as a box of shoes (someone did a label or content swap in the back office, I guess). Tracking was of no use, because the box was still "received", and who is to say what was in the box to begin with?

So, who else has received a box of shoes?

User Info Menu

Nope. I have ordered ammo a few times since beginning of year, when I saw a good deal, or at least a not outrageous deal, and all has arrived intact. I generally get ammo from Ammunition Depot (in Florida I think), but I did use a couple other suppliers. All went well.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Squander View Post
    Just wondering if anyone else has suffered a "loss" of shipment of ammo or other firearm-related matter while using UPS or FedEx. We are supposed to use contract carriers for these kinds of shipments, and are also supposed to mark the boxes with the distinctive "ORM-D" or other restricted materials designation when shipping ammo, but it seems that these markings make the box a target for theft.

I recently shipped ammo that was received as a box of shoes (someone did a label or content swap in the back office, I guess). Tracking was of no use, because the box was still "received", and who is to say what was in the box to begin with?

No problems here, but then again I've only had two ammo shipments since Covid hit. Ammo has been too rich for my blood lately.
    Fishbowl of Bud, Ma'am.

User Info Menu

I'm pretty sure my Fedex driver "loses" anything that says it's gun related on purpose.
    Medium speed. Moderate drag.

User Info Menu

I had an order of four boxes of 9mm from Bass Pro disappear at a FedEx hub in Foristell, MO last month. Finally got a refund from Bass Pro, but would really rather have the ammo. It was Federal 50 round boxes for $12.99 each. Can't replace that with the refund.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Did you get something else delivered in its place?

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot View Post
    I had an order of four boxes of 9mm from Bass Pro disappear at a FedEx hub in Foristell, MO last month. Finally got a refund from Bass Pro, but would really rather have the ammo. It was Federal 50 round boxes for $12.99 each. Can't replace that with the refund.

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

Going on a premises that you can believe the person, did the recipient provide you with a photo showing your label clearly affixed to the box of shoes? Curious if it appears as a new label or original reattached.

Master

User Info Menu

ORM-D doesen't mean its anything ammo/firearm related with just that label. Its how is packed on pallets or containers for shipping, generally upright and flat...

ORM-D (Other Regulated Material) material is a limited quantity of a hazardous material that presents a limited hazard during transportation due to its form, quantity, and packaging. Not all hazardous materials permitted to be shipped as a limited quantity can qualify as an ORM-D material.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat." ~Eldridge Cleaver

User Info Menu

Did you get something else delivered in its place?
    No, the package just never made it here. The tracking showed that it made it to MO and then never moved. I called FedEx and they said they couldn't locate the package.

User Info Menu

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast