Gun show vendors’ rules and regulations?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Hey everyone,

I think I’m going to set up at the Boot City Gun show Oct. 9-10th and maybe the Lost Creek gun show as well. Are there any rules and regulations I should be aware of? Like do I need to make sales receipts with DLN on them for firearms sales? Do I need to report what sales or cash I’ve made?

I’m looking to avoid any missteps. Thank you!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Should just be like any private FTF sale. I've never seen any vendor (that wasn't an FFL) do anything special when I've bought guns from them.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I've purchased several firearms from private persons and collectors at GS's, only thing they required was a hand full of cash. Most then gave me the gun and a hand written signed receipt with the serial number and gun description on it. After I obtained my C&R license, if the firearm was a Curio or Relic, I required their name and address for my C&R Black book. If they were licensed Collectors selling a C&R firearm, we exchanged Copies of our FFL -03 forms!

Last edited:

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I always ask to see ID to confirm that they are not from out of state. An individual to individual sale across state lines is prohibited. This does not apply to black powder weapons or legally defined antiques (i.e. made prior to January 1, 1899).

For an individual to sell a firearm to a resident from another state, an FFL must be involved. A C&R FFL is ok if the gun is a C&R gun.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I always ask to see ID to confirm that they are not from out of state. An individual to individual sale across state lines is prohibited. This does not apply to black powder weapons or legally defined antiques (i.e. made prior to January 1, 1899).

For an individual to sell a firearm to a resident from another state, an FFL must be involved. A C&R FFL is ok if the gun is a C&R gun.
    This is important for me to know considering how close to Illinois Terre Haute is. Besides, that shouldn’t be that big of a deal to provide an ID.

Top Bottom