• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That could be a good thing if that let's Roger produce a good quality lever action rifle

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah, this seems like a positive. I also want this to bring about some rimfire abominations. Give me a tube fed 10/22 and a model 60/75 that takes 10/22 mags.

LeverGunFan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Bartholomew County
    Looks like Ruger acquiring marlin!***

I've seen speculation on various forums, but no reports of an actual offer by Ruger. Do you have a link with more information? EDIT: just found this on TTAG

While this would add lever actions to the Ruger lineup, it doesn't seem to be a perfect fit. The Marlin lever guns have been made from forgings, where Ruger uses the investment cast process to create their receivers. So that would add either some new processes to the Ruger production system or changes to how the Marlin lever actions are made. Since the Marlin plant in Connecticut has been closed, current Marlin rifles are produced in a variety of Remington plants. So Ruger would have to add plant capacity to absorb Marlin, rather than taking over an existing plant. What would Ruger do with the other Marlin rifles, such as the semi auto 22LR line? They run neck and neck with the 10/22 rifles, would they co-produce them or ditch the Marlin models? It's an interesting proposition, just can't say if it will or won't happen.

Last edited:

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I think it’s a good move by Ruger. There’s some kinks in the line that have to be worked out but I think it’ll work.

jnicol6600

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hopefully Ruger won’t rush bad quality out the door like Remington did. It would be nice to be able to buy a new marlin again

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    This should be nothing but positive for the Marlin line. Marlin build quality has really gone downhill and Ruger should be able to put it under much better management and be able to invest in the proper manufacturing/design upgrades.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    TFB had an article about what companys are getting what parts of Big Green. Let me see if I can dig it up.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/09/27/remington-asset-bids/

Vista Outdoor, Inc. as the Successful Bidder pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit A with respect to the Lonoke Ammunitions Business and certain IP assets; and SIG Sauer, Inc. as the Backup Bidders

Roundhill Group, LLC as the Successful Bidder pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit C with respect to the non-Marlin Firearms Business; and Huntsman Holdings, LLC and Century Arms, Inc. as the Backup Bidders

Sierra Bullets, L.L.C. as the Successful Bidder pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit F with respect to the Barnes Ammunitions Business; and Barnes Acquisition LLC as the Backup Bidder

JJE Capital Holdings, LLC as the Successful Bidder with respect to the DPMS,H&R, Stormlake, AAC, and Parker brands

Franklin Armory Holdings, Inc., or its designated assignee, as the Successful Bidder with respect to the Bushmaster brand and certain related assets; and

Sportsman’s Warehouse, Inc. as the Successful Bidder with respect to the Tapcobrand

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Hopefully Ruger won’t rush bad quality out the door like Remington did. It would be nice to be able to buy a new marlin again

After an initial drop in quality, Remington slowly corrected the issues with the marlin machinery. That's why, for a while, you could only find a specific few models and calibers. You can buy a new Marlin lever gun again.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Ruger owning Marlin and producing the top 2 semi autos would be a massive win for Ruger. I think Ruger can manage Marlin just fine.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    There are some interesting items around the edges on this acquisition and Ruger will dominate .22lr rifles, but it would have been much better if they had purchased the main Remington brand.. Ruger isn't well known for their shotguns and rebuilding a solid competitor to Mossberg would be far more interesting.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    There are some interesting items around the edges on this acquisition and Ruger will dominate .22lr rifles, but it would have been much better if they had purchased the main Remington brand.. Ruger isn't well known for their shotguns and rebuilding a solid competitor to Mossberg would be far more interesting.

Ruger Red Label over & unders? Pretty well known.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Ruger Red Label over & unders? Pretty well known.

I'm confident in saying Red Label sales are fractionly microscopic compared to 870, 1187, 500, 590, 930 sales. Remington and Mossberg are shotgun companies. If you asked 1000 people what Ruger is "known" for I doubt you would get even one person saying shotguns.

Top Bottom