Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    https://www.strikeman.io/products/shop?utm_source=shortlink&utm_lkey=qvyho

Are these types of systems viable?
    There are probably dozens on this sort of thing on the market.
    Anyone have experience with one that works for you w/o costing an arm & a leg?

This Strikeman doesn't seem to have .22LR capacity, which is a drawback.
    And, I think you have to buy each laser cartridge separately: $69 on sale & $119 retail, which could get costly if you had multiple calibers (7 available).

Strikeman Laser Firearm Training System
    Sale price: $99.00
    Regular price: $199
    Description
    Strikeman is a dry-fire training system that allows you to practice your shooting skills without the need for live ammunition.
    By using our signature target, laser cartridge and smartphone holder in unison with our phone app, you can safely practice your shot in the comfort of your home.
    Strikeman allows you to develop your shot safely at a much lower cost, with live feedback, and accuracy metrics in our app that show your progress with every session.
    CALIBER:
    9MM
    .380 ACP
    .40 S & W
    .45 ACP
    .38 SPECIAL
    .357 SIG
    .223/5.56

Last edited:

Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    This looks exactly like my iTarget Pro

Except I like the phone holding system of Strikemans better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I have a G-Sight. https://www.g-sight.com/products/gen-2-9mm

I think it has been very useful, and improved both my accuracy and speed. I do not use the phone app, or targets. I simply pick a spot on the wall and dry fire against that spot.

I have found watching the laser spot provides feedback on trigger press. If it looks smeared the trigger press is bad and accuracy on paper will be bad. If it looks crisp and bright you are likely to have a good trigger press and good accuracy on paper.

Items of note, yes if you want to do multiple calibers it may well get pricey. Also the o-rings are consumable wear items. If you're going to be using it consistently I recommend buying multiple sets of o-rings when you buy the cartridge.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I have the Strikeman, and have used it once. I need to use it more. It works well. I set the target up against a wall, with my phone in front of it, then I can move around the room to "shoot" at it.

WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    I bought the G-Sight laser, it appears the laser cartridge is the same across all vendors. I used the I-Target app though, it worked the best for what I wanted. I believe any app will work with any laser.

tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    If you've got a 3D printer or know someone who has one you can put a clone of the iTarget system together for the price of the laser cartridge. If you don't have a 3D printer you really only need a way to hold the phone and rig up a stand for the target being used.

Gunsmiff12B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 13, 2016
    South bend
    I have the ITarget pro, it’s not horrible, sometimes I see where the laser hits, and it’s completely different than where the app says it does, but it’s good enough to keep a solid group, I have only used it for a few hours but like it as best as I can for practice

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    anyone have experience with the smokeless range laser system? I'm looking for the type of system you see at the NRA show; where you can run simulations and semi interactive training.

redleg16

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I am using the Mantis x and I highly reccomend it. You down load the app, turn on the laser attached to your pistol, lay it down by your phone and they sync. Very good training tool.

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    Yes, unless you have DA, then you have to re-set between shots by racking the slide. I use the 'i target' system. Any laser cartridges work with any app.

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    Thanks for the info on that. I downloaded the G Sight LTP app and verified it worked with a cheap 9mm boresighter and a piece of cardboard. Went ahead and ordered a 9mm cartidge and stand from Redpoint Arms. Might as well since its only about $40 ($30ish for just the light, otherwise known as the current cost of a box of FMJ after tax).
    Yes, unless you have DA, then you have to re-set between shots by racking the slide. I use the 'i target' system. Any laser cartridges work with any app.

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    Update: The Redpoint Arms 9mm snap cap and the free app from G Sight work pretty well together. The stand is just a straight up cheap selfie stick, but it works for this. Also, I assume its par for the course for any brand of the laser snap caps, but this one sits snugly in the barrel and does not extract when you work the slide. This also means you'll have to push it out of the chamber with a wooden dowel when you are done. Overall, pretty happy with this concept, esp for $40.

Top Bottom