• ...and so much more!
  • BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    206   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Oct. 3rd and 4th. Lots of wood and steel at this show. One of my favorite gun shows.

As always, I don't set up there and I pay to get in like everyone else.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Yep, going to do my donation on Saturday morning. I don't expect to buy much do enjoy all the non polymer selections to browse. This is my favorite show.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Add me to the non-chubby going bald Korean Hillbilly genre with red whiskers. I know, weird! I like this show. It was one of my best shows back in the day. Hopefully I can talk my buddy into attending instead of freezing our asses off in the boat crappie fishing(our normal Saturday routine).

SOUP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Noblesville
    I'd go if I didn't work this weekend. I haven't gone in a few years due to work actually, but I always enjoy the Tipton shows.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Ammo prices, the world has gone mad. I did pick up a World War II Scoville mag, several half moon clips, and a World War II magazine carrier. Again ammo prices, the world is mad.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ammo prices, the world has gone mad. I did pick up a World War II Scoville mag, several half moon clips, and a World War II magazine carrier. Again ammo prices, the world is mad.

How was the milsurp gun selection (and prices)? Did you happen to notice? I really need to make it up to that show one of these times.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    How was the milsurp gun selection (and prices)? Did you happen to notice? I really need to make it up to that show one of these times.

A lot of wood and steel. M1 Carbines seemed to be the most plentiful, a lot of mags and mag carriers for the Carbine as well. Saw one scabbard for the paratrooper model.. Several Lugers, 1911s (Colts 1918 and older). Bolts guns, 03s, saw one Lee-Enfield. The Colt 1911s from WW I were north of $2K, one was above $3K. Lugers were in the $1500 range. I have to play the age card on the others, can't remember!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    A lot of wood and steel. M1 Carbines seemed to be the most plentiful, a lot of mags and mag carriers for the Carbine as well. Saw one scabbard for the paratrooper model.. Several Lugers, 1911s (Colts 1918 and older). Bolts guns, 03s, saw one Lee-Enfield. The Colt 1911s from WW I were north of $2K, one was above $3K. Lugers were in the $1500 range. I have to play the age card on the others, can't remember!

I'd really like to have a Luger, but alas, I think I was late to the party on that one. They're all out of my range now. :(

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I've never been to a show. Can someone explain, in a traditional world, are these good places to buy? Are there deals here?

Yes, there are bargains to be had. But if you are looking at the gun show experience through a narrow, transaction lens, you risk missing out.

Each show is unique and the vendors can vary a good deal, from location-to-location.

You really outta check it out for yourself. Even if you do not purchase anything (I rarely do) It's well worth the $5 admission to browse and learn.

beer leaguer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 19, 2020
    US
    Yes, there are bargains to be had. But if you are looking at the gun show experience through a narrow, transaction lens, you risk missing out.

Each show is unique and the vendors can vary a good deal, from location-to-location.

You really outta check it out for yourself. Even if you do not purchase anything (I rarely do) It's well worth the $5 admission to browse and learn.
    Thank you for the feedback!

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I've never been to a show. Can someone explain, in a traditional world, are these good places to buy? Are there deals here?

$5 admission and free parking is always worth the trip for me. A lot of these shows have stuff to take home. You can pick up a lot from INGOers which of these smaller shows (Stout Field, Tipton, Hendricks County) have the lower admission cost, free parking, and some great vendors. I checked off almost everything I went to get today at Tipton, I also talked to a Ruger Blackhawk guy about grips for my Super Blackhawk.

If you go to these smaller shows, you will find some stuff, you'll have lunch for a reasonable price, there will be very polite and friendly people, everyone will have showered recently...

Now, if you want the full gun show experience, you have to go to the Indy 1500. The "kill a commie for mommy" t-shirt guy is hanging with "Kalashnikov" t-shirt guy. There is a subtle difference between the cast of "The Hills have Eyes" and the extras from "The Walking Dead". Some people smell worse than feet, or a locker room. The Man form Glad goes out in the rain wearing a trash-bag, with no air holes.

beer leaguer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 19, 2020
    US
    $5 admission and free parking is always worth the trip for me. A lot of these shows have stuff to take home. You can pick up a lot from INGOers which of these smaller shows (Stout Field, Tipton, Hendricks County) have the lower admission cost, free parking, and some great vendors. I checked off almost everything I went to get today at Tipton, I also talked to a Ruger Blackhawk guy about grips for my Super Blackhawk.

If you go to these smaller shows, you will find some stuff, you'll have lunch for a reasonable price, there will be very polite and friendly people, everyone will have showered recently...

Now, if you want the full gun show experience, you have to go to the Indy 1500. The "kill a commie for mommy" t-shirt guy is hanging with "Kalashnikov" t-shirt guy. There is a subtle difference between the cast of "The Hills have Eyes" and the extras from "The Walking Dead". Some people smell worse than feet, or a locker room. The Man form Glad goes out in the rain wearing a trash-bag, with no air holes.
    Sounds fun! Showering is a definite bonus.

Top Bottom