• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Please move if in the wrong area... no idea where this should go.

On top of this being a great speed lesson. Check out around 10:40. Mojo grabs a mag off Garand Thumb's belt and jams it into the Glock while holding it in and it fires just fine. I'm guessing due to angles and double stacks. Presenting the bullet is presenting the bullet it seems.

What other cross over works with mags? Obviously not a great practice, but in a SHTF, mags are mags...

https://youtu.be/TCFRWFh4Uyc

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I saw that a few weeks ago. The back and forth after tha happened was hilarious. “Did you know that would work?!?” “Nope. Just tried it”

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I wouldn't call it "works".
    I was more interested in going the other way and the glock mag is definitely bigger than the P320 magwell.
    The P320 mag does not lock into the glock magwell and you have to hold it just right for the slide to pick one up and chamber.
    Been a while since I watched that video but I was thinking he did something with his pinky to hold the mag in?
    He must have done something just right and gotten lucky, IMO.

ETA
    When the SHTF bullets are bullets, maybe, and yes mags are bullet carriers. Just don't want anyone counting on this.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Just because you can do something (and it work a couple times) doesn't mean you should. As far as a scenerio if its to that point for you, you have bigger issues than if a different mag can work or not

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I wouldn't call it "works".
    I was more interested in going the other way and the glock mag is definitely bigger than the P320 magwell.
    The P320 mag does not lock into the glock magwell and you have to hold it just right for the slide to pick one up and chamber.
    Been a while since I watched that video but I was thinking he did something with his pinky to hold the mag in?
    He must have done something just right and gotten lucky, IMO.

ETA
    When the SHTF bullets are bullets, maybe, and yes mags are bullet carriers. Just don't want anyone counting on this.

Watch the video. There's no "just right" here he teacups the bottom and runs. There IS another video of a guy talking about the incident, where he talks about using his pinky... unless im enjoying a high society tea, lol, no pinky is going anywhere.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Watch the video. There's no "just right" here he teacups the bottom and runs. There IS another video of a guy talking about the incident, where he talks about using his pinky... unless im enjoying a high society tea, lol, no pinky is going anywhere.
    Yes I remembered him holding it and running it after I posted what I did. I just did a quick check in the house right after reading that yesterday to see if I could get one to chamber, repeatedly, and had trouble mimicking it and came back here to post my findings

The video is awesome, hilarious, and many could learn something from the impromptu way he grabs the mag and tries it, at speed. That kind of quick thinking on your feet shows a confidant well trained person ready to adapt at a moments notice. I wonder if they went back and tested the idea for dependability or practicality after the impromptu grab?

I wonder how many other mags may work like this? I was disappointed and apparently gave up way too early when I discovered 229 mags "won't work" in the P320, or I'm just not operator enough. Probably both.

I'm sorry this thread turned negative. The words I wrote did not convey my lighthearted look at the subject like they should have and started it down the wrong path. Didn't meant for them to be that downer. This is motivation for me to try some of this some time at the range.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Respectfully just asking, then what was your reason of even bringing it up?
    Because it’s a fun video on a great channel. If you’re not familiar with Garland Thumb you should. It’s a great channel. This episode was just one of a bunch of great ones. Watch the video. Then come back and reassess your question.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Because it’s a fun video on a great channel. If you’re not familiar with Garland Thumb you should. It’s a great channel. This episode was just one of a bunch of great ones. Watch the video. Then come back and reassess your question.

I'm familiar with Garand Thumbs but have never watched a full video of his. There are only a couple channels that have relevance to me that I'd say I watch here and there.

Good luck

Top Bottom