• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I have been looking for a 22lr pump rifle.I have checked tons of gun stores, nobody has hardly ANY guns,you can find a FEW used guns in market but no new guns.SEEMS FUNNY NOBODY IS GETTING SHIPMENTS FROM DISTRIBUTORS.Distributors say makers arent shipping them, and makers are saying they are running 24/7 so whats going on really.This is just my personal view and experience ? Are any of you guys feeling the same, just wondering. :)

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    You are badly misinterpreting what you are seeing.

What you are seeing is that guns have been sold out, not that stores aren't receiving them. As soon as new guns come in, they sell quickly (or were pre-sold). This is reflected in record high NICS checks. If gun production/shipment/sales were impeded in any way, record NICS checks wouldn't be possible.

What distributors are saying that they aren't receiving shipments from makers (as opposed to not filling record-large orders)?

sixGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2020
    Grabill
    The only thing I see on shelves are the less-desirable types. I've been on a waitlist for a 4" Colt Python for months. I think they forgot about me or the list is lost, something, I don't know. Empty cases and racks all over the place. Others have said it will be a firesale come Christmas and I agree.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I have been looking for a 22lr pump rifle.I have checked tons of gun stores, nobody has hardly ANY guns,you can find a FEW used guns in market but no new guns.SEEMS FUNNY NOBODY IS GETTING SHIPMENTS FROM DISTRIBUTORS.Distributors say makers arent shipping them, and makers are saying they are running 24/7 so whats going on really.This is just my personal view and experience ? Are any of you guys feeling the same, just wondering. :)

As above, you are seeing water hit a hot stove. Have patience.

Did find a Colt M6920 on the shelf, bought it as my birthday present to myself. But I am fortunate, as I am not hurting to buy anything.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Something else to consider with regards to your point of interest: how many pump .22s are being made these days? far from a high demand high production high profit point... you'd probably be better served checking pawn shops for something like that.

There are a fair number of guns in the shops near me but most of the budget or commonplace and desirable stuff moves as fast as it comes in OR is marked up to not disappear.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    It is going to take a long time before we see shelves fully stocked. The word was shut down because of a virus now everything has to restart. Manufactures can't build guns without parts and employees to do the assembly. Part suppliers can't make parts with out raw materials and employees.
    The riots are making the situation worse. The only thing we can do is sit back and wait it out.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    It is going to take a long time before we see shelves fully stocked. The word was shut down because of a virus now everything has to restart. Manufactures can't build guns without parts and employees to do the assembly. Part suppliers can't make parts with out raw materials and employees.
    The riots are making the situation worse. The only thing we can do is sit back and wait it out.

I don't think Covid has much to do with it. I am in manufacturing and we didn't miss a beat. It is supply and demand and demand is sky high.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    If you think Covid had nothing to do with it you are living on a different plaint than I am. When people don't go to work because there job is shut down that affects manufacturing. Your company may have had suppliers that had raw material in stock and kept on working but not all did. I worked in manufacturing for forty five years and saw the supply chain run out of raw material a few times for less things than Covid.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    A pump 22 is more of a gun show find than a shop find. They are the kind of thing that sits and sits and sits and sits in a shop. Demand is up, supply is up, but lower than demand. No one wants to be stuck with a warehouse full of inflated priced guns when the craze burns out.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    If you think Covid had nothing to do with it you are living on a different plaint than I am. When people don't go to work because there job is shut down that affects manufacturing. Your company may have had suppliers that had raw material in stock and kept on working but not all did. I worked in manufacturing for forty five years and saw the supply chain run out of raw material a few times for less things than Covid.

Calm down grandpa, I didn't say it didn't have anything to do with it. I said it didn't have much to do with it as in not nearly as much as increased demand. Ammo manufacturers claim they are running full tilt but are nowhere near able to keep up. I have to imagine gun manufacturers are in a similar boat. From what I was told by the good people at Martin Guitars, it did affect them though as I have been waiting 6 months on a guitar I ordered.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    A pump 22 is more of a gun show find than a shop find. They are the kind of thing that sits and sits and sits and sits in a shop. Demand is up, supply is up, but lower than demand. No one wants to be stuck with a warehouse full of inflated priced guns when the craze burns out.

This is what I was going to suggest. I see them all the time at shows. In shops, not very often even before the current situation.

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    If I am going to pay 500 dollars for a rifle, I CAN BUY a CZ 22 rifle for that price and get a lot better gun than a pump 22 made by anybody.

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I was at shipshawanna past weekend and they had 2 pumps but they were magnums, dont want a magnum.I can buy a buddies remington model 12 for 500 dollars in great shape , but I am not looking for collector grade rifle.

qwickwire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I can't speak to 22LR pump rifles, but I just got back from a shop and their stock seems to be back to pre-March levels, mostly. They have the popular Glocks, but not as many as before, lots of AR rifles, and AR pistols. The guy behind the counter said that they are getting gun shipments daily.

The ammo situation is still pretty bad.

SOUP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Noblesville
    I've noticed the higher end, more expensive stuff is still in stock and the cheaper, lower grade stuff is gone. To me this indicates panic buying and first time buyers are still in swing. As for pump .22's I haven't seen on on the shelf in years. As others have stated, you can usually find one hidden under the shelf if you ask around some.

Top Bottom