Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: GUN AVAILABILITY IN STORES

Marksman

User Info Menu

GUN AVAILABILITY IN STORES

I have been looking for a 22lr pump rifle.I have checked tons of gun stores, nobody has hardly ANY guns,you can find a FEW used guns in market but no new guns.SEEMS FUNNY NOBODY IS GETTING SHIPMENTS FROM DISTRIBUTORS.Distributors say makers arent shipping them, and makers are saying they are running 24/7 so whats going on really.This is just my personal view and experience ? Are any of you guys feeling the same, just wondering.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

You are badly misinterpreting what you are seeing.

What you are seeing is that guns have been sold out, not that stores aren't receiving them. As soon as new guns come in, they sell quickly (or were pre-sold). This is reflected in record high NICS checks. If gun production/shipment/sales were impeded in any way, record NICS checks wouldn't be possible.

What distributors are saying that they aren't receiving shipments from makers (as opposed to not filling record-large orders)?
    Dems (Politicians/MSM/Tech/etc): Replace Free Speech With Curated Information

User Info Menu

Last edited by drillsgt; 10-14-2020 at 11:07.

Plinker

User Info Menu

The only thing I see on shelves are the less-desirable types. I've been on a waitlist for a 4" Colt Python for months. I think they forgot about me or the list is lost, something, I don't know. Empty cases and racks all over the place. Others have said it will be a firesale come Christmas and I agree.

User Info Menu

Id love to find an HK SP5 on a store shelf but no such luck.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by diver dan View Post
    I have been looking for a 22lr pump rifle.I have checked tons of gun stores, nobody has hardly ANY guns,you can find a FEW used guns in market but no new guns.SEEMS FUNNY NOBODY IS GETTING SHIPMENTS FROM DISTRIBUTORS.Distributors say makers arent shipping them, and makers are saying they are running 24/7 so whats going on really.This is just my personal view and experience ? Are any of you guys feeling the same, just wondering.
    As above, you are seeing water hit a hot stove. Have patience.

Did find a Colt M6920 on the shelf, bought it as my birthday present to myself. But I am fortunate, as I am not hurting to buy anything.
    Real INGOers don't flex guns, 'cause real INGOers always got guns

User Info Menu

Something else to consider with regards to your point of interest: how many pump .22s are being made these days? far from a high demand high production high profit point... you'd probably be better served checking pawn shops for something like that.

There are a fair number of guns in the shops near me but most of the budget or commonplace and desirable stuff moves as fast as it comes in OR is marked up to not disappear.

JHB
    Marksman

User Info Menu

It is going to take a long time before we see shelves fully stocked. The word was shut down because of a virus now everything has to restart. Manufactures can't build guns without parts and employees to do the assembly. Part suppliers can't make parts with out raw materials and employees.
    The riots are making the situation worse. The only thing we can do is sit back and wait it out.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JHB View Post
    It is going to take a long time before we see shelves fully stocked. The word was shut down because of a virus now everything has to restart. Manufactures can't build guns without parts and employees to do the assembly. Part suppliers can't make parts with out raw materials and employees.
    The riots are making the situation worse. The only thing we can do is sit back and wait it out.
    I don't think Covid has much to do with it. I am in manufacturing and we didn't miss a beat. It is supply and demand and demand is sky high.
    Michael Swisher

JHB
    Marksman

User Info Menu

If you think Covid had nothing to do with it you are living on a different plaint than I am. When people don't go to work because there job is shut down that affects manufacturing. Your company may have had suppliers that had raw material in stock and kept on working but not all did. I worked in manufacturing for forty five years and saw the supply chain run out of raw material a few times for less things than Covid.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast