• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I am wondering how many of you guys use range finders , I dont range est. very well and am wondering how many do use them with rifle or bow a lot ? I have literally used a 100ft tape measure to mark out a hundred yards in the corn field/bean field to make sure of my shot.I am not good with electronic stuff , so I was wondering also which range finder is easiest to use ? and trustworthy ?:ingo:

hammerd13

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I've got a Leupold RX-2800 TBR and really like it. I found the need, once I started wanting to get accurate dope on my 5.56 service rifle AR and my 6.5 creedmoor bolt action precision rifle. I can easily range targets out to 1000+ yards.

It's handy for a number of things beyond shooting targets...measuring tree/structure heights, golfing or determining angle up/down to an object. It also finds effective shooting range by taking the angle into account. I even find myself using it to set 25/50 yard targets at local range to get my Rimfire Sporter .22lr zero established.

Leupold, Sig, and Vortex are where I'd look for a rangefinder.

Last edited:

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    I picked up a Vortex Ranger 1300. Has a built in angle comp. Bought it for 3D archery a couple years ago. Cross hairs are illuminated so they stand out. Really happy with it so far.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I really need to get one, but my coworker always has his when I need it. I need one with built in angle compensation, which most of them seem to have. Every time I start researching them I go down a rabbit hole and can't decide on one... then about six months later I do the same thing.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Avoid the cheap HALO segment... I went through two in short order. I just bought a Leica 1600R from gr8fuldoug with cameralandny and have been very happy with it so far. My Halo would have trouble with garage doors at 200yds, the Leica gives me consistent treeline ranges at 1478. (furthest line of sight from my house) Definitely get an illuminated display.

So. My vote is Leica. Lol.

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I went AND GAMBLED and bought a HALO 450 range finder, it worked very well for me,it gets ranges very close , close enough for me because I only crossbow hunt out to 35 yards, thats the max for me.It was within 2 ft consistently.I did a few different targets and all was good,cant complain.Now we will have to see about durability and length of life on this unit.I have read SO MANY reviews and its hard to pick one, especially in my price range.TIME WILL TELL.

Top Bottom