• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Should the worst come to pass and we see a Harris presidency happen, it would almost certainly follow that there would be a ban at the federal level of magazines with a capacity of greater than 10. Should that infringement come to pass, what actions would you INGO’ers take? None? Download? New gun? Finally embrace the goodness that is the 1911? Would the Glock 30 become the new hotness? Tactical lever actions become the norm?

I’m curious of how other’s would seek protection for themselves or families while living under an illegitimate infringement such as that.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Should the worst come to pass and we see a Harris presidency happen, it would almost certainly follow that there would be a ban at the federal level of magazines with a capacity of greater than 10. Should that infringement come to pass, what actions would you INGO’ers take? None? Download? New gun? Finally embrace the goodness that is the 1911? Would the Glock 30 become the new hotness? Tactical lever actions become the norm?

I’m curious of how other’s would seek protection for themselves or families while living under an illegitimate infringement such as that.

Only if there were also a majority in the house and senate that would also pass these things. :dunno:

And the last time there was a "standard" capacity mag ban. It only banned new manufacture and it was still ok to have the ones you had. So stock up now if you're worried.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Only if there were also a majority in the house and senate that would also pass these things. :dunno:

And the last time there was a "standard" capacity mag ban. It only banned new manufacture and it was still ok to have the ones you had. So stock up now if you're worried.

What's to say when they try it again they learn from their past mistakes and don't include any grandfather clause?

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Moot point for most gun owners, if one is not stocked up by now, nothing anyone can say will change someones outlook.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of folks just coming on-line now with the gun culture, they feel they have missed the boat and want to play catch up.

Yes, it sucks to be them and they should have been more aware and prepared, yadda, yadda, yadda, but that doesn't mean they will accept that and not b*tch to me about it and expect me to sell to them or fulfill their desires from what I have acquired.

I might be prepared, but I have no way to prepare everybody else that now wants to take action.

A lot of unprepared folks have approached me in the last few months. They are starting to become a little more insistent and it concerns me just how far it could go. I guess that's when things start getting dicey.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Unfortunately, there are a lot of folks just coming on-line now with the gun culture, they feel they have missed the boat and want to play catch up.

Yes, it sucks to be them and they should have been more aware and prepared, yadda, yadda, yadda, but that doesn't mean they will accept that and not b*tch to me about it and expect me to sell to them or fulfill their desires from what I have acquired.

I might be prepared, but I have no way to prepare everybody else that now wants to take action.

A lot of unprepared folks have approached me in the last few months. They are starting to become a little more insistent and it concerns me just how far it could go. I guess that's when things start getting dicey.

Who is being insistent? Are there any bills that call for banning of mags over 10 rounds on the floor?
    And one has months and months to prepare right now if they are worried...

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Who is being insistent? Are there any bills that call for banning of mags over 10 rounds on the floor?
    And one has months and months to prepare right now if they are worried...

No one in particular is being insistent about magazines...yet.

I was being more general with my response and drawing potential parallels with my current experiences through an interpolation.

People currently want guns and being a known firearm aficionado people have been pretty insistent that I should guide them and help them out with their sudden new interest. Overall I am a "nice guy" (aka dumb*ss) and I am usually willing to help bring new shooters into the fold. This has been going on for quite some time and it has started to wear on me.

Just this morning, a co-worker was wanting me to take him out to the range to shoot my guns so he can decide what he likes best. I told him I would do that if he could purchase ammo in the calibers he is interested in. He then made the leap to suggest that I should be willing to sell him some of my reloads to accommodate his desire. Then he just stood there at my workstation like I was supposed to crap it out right then and there. This really kind of chapped my *ss.

This was slowing down after a pretty busy summer of hosting people at the range. They have now moved on to ammo. Somehow I am supposed to be able to direct them to where the cheap ammo is secretly hidden. No one I know has been willing to spend 60cpr for 9mm even when I have seen it on the web. One fellow that wanted me to "keep an eye out for him" gave up when 9 hit 30cpr. I am also expected to teach people how to reload. Then I have to inform them that components (particularly primers) are difficult to acquire.

Usually I get a stupid blank-faced stare and a question about, "what am I supposed to do?".

These people had years to prepare and despite my urging and suggestions they ignored it all.

I only see this getting worse, particularly in the face of a Biden administration.

Don't take it personal, I'm just blowing off a little steam.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

I'll find an AIWB holster for a Desert Eagle :D

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If Harris is president, we will have a lot more problems than just mag capacity.

Ten round mags will be no big deal, when they tax all ammo out of existence.

Much better to concentrate on not letting Harris get elected.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    If Harris is president, we will have a lot more problems than just mag capacity.

Ten round mags will be no big deal, when they tax all ammo out of existence.

Much better to concentrate on not letting Harris get elected.

Was going to say this. If people are so worried about what the democrats will do if they make it into the White House then they need to make sure they vote to keep them out.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    The argument comes up every time in one of these discussions:" if you don't already have enough, that's on you. You should know and you should have prepared".

First off, us INGOERs are a microcosm of gun owners. And within this very small community, there is a small percentage of members who have been at this long enough to "know better". Couple that with finances that have to go towards other things like shelter and food, we don't all have the money to stock up on "stuff".

Now expand your thinking to the greater firearms community and in particular to the millions of people who recently acquired their first firearm. They don't read the same news we do, they are not hooked into enthusiast forums so, no, they don't know what they don't know.

All we can do is what we can. Lot's of gun owners think the 2 mags they got with their pistol is enough. And a couple 30 rounds mags should be plenty.

OP, to comment on your original content: I'm not sure what I would do. I have pistols that won't hold more than 10 rounds so I could survive and be able to protect myself. When it comes to rifles, most of them are capped at 10 rounds, or 8.

I have one rifle that is capable of accepting a magazine that holds more then 10 rounds and I don't have many 10 round mags. I guess I should start buying 10 rounders?

vermilionbird

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    Oct 17, 2020
    South Bend
    Get both. This can sound cold and calculated but in that event, the 10rd mags you get are a practical purchase and if luck allows 30rd mags to be grandfathered in, they're also an investment.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    The Biden/Harris plan can be easily found on their website. Even if they manage to get elected, they will have a difficult time getting these things done. They may not be publicly talking about their plans, but they aren't hiding them. From the website:

• "Ban the manufacture and sale of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. Federal law prevents hunters from hunting migratory game birds with more than three shells in their shotgun. That means our federal law does more to protect ducks than children. It’s wrong. Joe Biden will enact legislation to once again ban assault weapons. This time, the bans will be designed based on lessons learned from the 1994 bans. For example, the ban on assault weapons will be designed to prevent manufacturers from circumventing the law by making minor changes that don’t limit the weapon’s lethality. While working to pass this legislation, Biden will also use his executive authority to ban the importation of assault weapons.

• Regulate possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act. Currently, the National Firearms Act requires individuals possessing machine-guns, silencers, and short-barreled rifles to undergo a background check and register those weapons with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). Due to these requirements, such weapons are rarely used in crimes. As president, Biden will pursue legislation to regulate possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act.

• Buy back the assault weapons and high-capacity magazines already in our communities. Biden will also institute a program to buy back weapons of war currently on our streets. This will give individuals who now possess assault weapons or high-capacity magazines two options: sell the weapons to the government, or register them under the National Firearms Act.

• Reduce stockpiling of weapons. In order to reduce the stockpiling of firearms, Biden supports legislation restricting the number of firearms an individual may purchase per month to one."

Top Bottom