• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Very large firearms, accessories and ammo auction Saturday October 31, 2020. Run by Sohn & Associates and located at the 4-H fairgrounds. Auction will be in the main big building to allow social distancing. Guns, militaria, some knives, and a large amount of ammo on silent auction as well. I have posted a link to the auction site below.

Link to Sohn Auction with listing, photos & link to proxibid: https://www.proxibid.com/Sohn-Associates-Ltd/Large-Firearms-Accessories-Auction/event-catalog/185995

I have no affiliation with Sohn Auction other than spending lots of money with them over the years.

Last edited:

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    All of course with ridiculous high bids on everything just like every other auction I’ve seen lately. I’ve lost all faith in auctions. There must be shills in every auction. Just gotta be! Peace. Out!

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    I'm keeping an eye on that 686. Hard to tell, but with the flash chromed trigger and hammer it's likely a no-dash or dash-1. Stainless Is a little yellow but should cleanup. It will probably go for too much $$$ though. If it's under $600 I may go for it.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Like Snorko, I've spent some coin at those auctions. There are deals sometimes big and sometimes small, you just have to watch for them.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    That is an interesting auction, a little something for everyone. M1 Carbines, pre-64 Model 12s, a snake gun, a Luger, S&W M36s, Remington shotguns, a bunch of Jennings, Jimenez, Ravens, Hi-Points and assorted Saturday Night Specials, a couple incredibly unsafe NAA .22 magnums already bid past the point of no return...

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    I'm keeping an eye on that 686. Hard to tell, but with the flash chromed trigger and hammer it's likely a no-dash or dash-1. Stainless Is a little yellow but should cleanup. It will probably go for too much $$$ though. If it's under $600 I may go for it.

That 686 has some nice stocks. I noticed some pretty wood on some of those Marlins too. The last auction I bid on had very reasonable prices. I came away with tons of reloading supplies.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

That'll never stay under 600.00.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    All of course with ridiculous high bids on everything just like every other auction I’ve seen lately. I’ve lost all faith in auctions. There must be shills in every auction. Just gotta be! Peace. Out!
    You're looking in the wrong place if you think you'll get a good deal at an auction, or an online auction, in this gun buying climate.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    The online bidding is ahead of typical in that rarely is stuff bid up at all till close to the auction. Now 2 mediocre AKs are over $500, though a NIB Ruger AR is under $400. None of those will stay there. Only a couple lots of 9mm on the live auction but both are at $0.40-$0.50/round. If those aren't local bidders the shipping will be stupid. We've all seen the crazy listings for ammo, I look forward to seeing the sold prices on the silent auctions for ammo.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I went by the preview today. The silent auction is HUGE but they kind of stretched it out I think. For instance, there were four or five lots of .32 acp ammunition but only 5-8 boxes per lot. It may be that someone say consigned a case and they split it up to lower the total purchase price, anticipating high prices. Not a lot of 9mm but a good amount of 5.56 and 7.62 (x39 & x51). A LOT of powder but I can not way what kind.

Checking the online bidding, 500 rounds of Speer Lawman 9mm fmj is $275+15% internet premium. So if it's a local buyer that's $0.63/round before the live auction. Several common guns such as a S&W 642, Marlin 1894 .44 mag, 10/22s, are already at prices I would think reasonable to sell. Conversely there are still some which are low. I am really looking forward to watching the chaos.

ETA: the 686 opie mentions above is at $750 already.

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I went by the preview today. The silent auction is HUGE but they kind of stretched it out I think. For instance, there were four or five lots of .32 acp ammunition but only 5-8 boxes per lot. It may be that someone say consigned a case and they split it up to lower the total purchase price, anticipating high prices. Not a lot of 9mm but a good amount of 5.56 and 7.62 (x39 & x51). A LOT of powder but I can not way what kind.

Checking the online bidding, 500 rounds of Speer Lawman 9mm fmj is $275+15% internet premium. So if it's a local buyer that's $0.63/round before the live auction. Several common guns such as a S&W 642, Marlin 1894 .44 mag, 10/22s, are already at prices I would think reasonable to sell. Conversely there are still some which are low. I am really looking forward to watching the chaos.

ETA: the 686 opie mentions above is at $750 already.

I bid on a lot of those Marlins but I have a feeling people are going to bid them up to stupid prices.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    You're looking in the wrong place if you think you'll get a good deal at an auction, or an online auction, in this gun buying climate.
    You have misunderstood my criticism of these auctions. I’m not looking for a deal in this climate or any climate. I was just saying generally people bid up to silly prices most of the time. And don’t forget the schills.

Top Bottom