Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Live & Online Gun Auction Oct. 31st Evansville

User Info Menu

The online bidding is ahead of typical in that rarely is stuff bid up at all till close to the auction. Now 2 mediocre AKs are over $500, though a NIB Ruger AR is under $400. None of those will stay there. Only a couple lots of 9mm on the live auction but both are at $0.40-$0.50/round. If those aren't local bidders the shipping will be stupid. We've all seen the crazy listings for ammo, I look forward to seeing the sold prices on the silent auctions for ammo.
    "If you are mad as hell and aren't gonna take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside. If you're the only one with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet"

"I saw a movie once where only the police and military had guns. It was called Schindler's List."

User Info Menu

I went by the preview today. The silent auction is HUGE but they kind of stretched it out I think. For instance, there were four or five lots of .32 acp ammunition but only 5-8 boxes per lot. It may be that someone say consigned a case and they split it up to lower the total purchase price, anticipating high prices. Not a lot of 9mm but a good amount of 5.56 and 7.62 (x39 & x51). A LOT of powder but I can not way what kind.

Checking the online bidding, 500 rounds of Speer Lawman 9mm fmj is $275+15% internet premium. So if it's a local buyer that's $0.63/round before the live auction. Several common guns such as a S&W 642, Marlin 1894 .44 mag, 10/22s, are already at prices I would think reasonable to sell. Conversely there are still some which are low. I am really looking forward to watching the chaos.

ETA: the 686 opie mentions above is at $750 already.
    Last edited by snorko; 4 Weeks Ago at 15:41.
    "If you are mad as hell and aren't gonna take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside. If you're the only one with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet"

"I saw a movie once where only the police and military had guns. It was called Schindler's List."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by snorko View Post
    I went by the preview today. The silent auction is HUGE but they kind of stretched it out I think. For instance, there were four or five lots of .32 acp ammunition but only 5-8 boxes per lot. It may be that someone say consigned a case and they split it up to lower the total purchase price, anticipating high prices. Not a lot of 9mm but a good amount of 5.56 and 7.62 (x39 & x51). A LOT of powder but I can not way what kind.

Checking the online bidding, 500 rounds of Speer Lawman 9mm fmj is $275+15% internet premium. So if it's a local buyer that's $0.63/round before the live auction. Several common guns such as a S&W 642, Marlin 1894 .44 mag, 10/22s, are already at prices I would think reasonable to sell. Conversely there are still some which are low. I am really looking forward to watching the chaos.

ETA: the 686 opie mentions above is at $750 already.
    I bid on a lot of those Marlins but I have a feeling people are going to bid them up to stupid prices.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1nderbeard View Post
    You're looking in the wrong place if you think you'll get a good deal at an auction, or an online auction, in this gun buying climate.
    You have misunderstood my criticism of these auctions. Iím not looking for a deal in this climate or any climate. I was just saying generally people bid up to silly prices most of the time. And donít forget the schills.
    If you always do what you've always done you will only get what you've always gotten.

User Info Menu

Watching online, selling prices are INSANE.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2