• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Challenger76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2020
    South Bend
    I only own 2 firearms. A Walther pk380 which I'm trying to trade for a pocket pistol, and a 380 shield ez. I can't get myself to sell the Walther, but just to trade it. I see myself buying more guns in the future. Do I really need more guns? How many do you have?

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    TfBRw20.jpg

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    None, they're all at the bottom of a really big, really deep lake.

Don't you know everyone here is innocent!

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I only own 2 firearms. A Walther pk380 which I'm trying to trade for a pocket pistol, and a 380 shield ez. I can't get myself to sell the Walther, but just to trade it. I see myself buying more guns in the future. Do I really need more guns? How many do you have?

I mean, I've seen some people on here say that you only need one, so that you dedicate all of your range time to it and make sure you're really, really, really ridiculously good with it. :):

In all seriousness though, I think that the purposes you need them for drives how many guns you may have. Sounds like you have two small carry guns, and the .380 is ok for that. However, personally I wouldn't necessarily want to use those for home defense, for both capacity and ballistics purposes. I might think about something with power and capacity for home defense, but it's a totally subjective thing.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    It all depends on your income and storage space.
    By the media definition I'm a "super gun owner". I think the magic number the media came up with a few years ago, is if you own 17 or more.
    I would say this site probably has several super gun owners.

Challenger76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2020
    South Bend
    I mean, I've seen some people on here say that you only need one, so that you dedicate all of your range time to it and make sure you're really, really, really ridiculously good with it. :):

In all seriousness though, I think that the purposes you need them for drives how many guns you may have. Sounds like you have two small carry guns, and the .380 is ok for that. However, personally I wouldn't necessarily want to use those for home defense, for both capacity and ballistics purposes. I might think about something with power and capacity for home defense, but it's a totally subjective thing.

Your absolutely right, I do need something larger caliber for home defense. That's why I am considering the shield 45. I really like my shield 380, so I may stick with the same brand that I'm good shooting with.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I look at collecting as more of just being a caretaker for a while, rather than hoarding. Eventually they go on to the next person.

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Maybe a shield in .40 or 9mm?
    I would pick between those two calibers.

Both fine choices. Regardless of my quantities of guns, I've tried to keep my calibers as limited as possible... something to think about with ammo being the biggest cost over time (especially now). I have 2 pistol calibers (9mm and 10mm), 3 rifle calibers (.22, 7.62x39mm and .308) and one shotgun gauge, each with a specific purpose. I have more guns than that, but feel like I can pretty much cover any purpose with those.

And yes, I'm one of the few weirdos on here that doesn't have any .223/5.56 guns!

Top Bottom