• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    Just got the email from the NSSF that shot show 2021 is offically canceled. I figured it would be, but kinda hate it nonetheless. 2020 may have been that last real shot, as I'm sure any future shows will be neutered by rules and regulations.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I wonder if they will try to do some sort of centralized virtual event for new product showcasing or if manufacturers are just on their own to get the word out?

SolidDragon74

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2020
    Northern
    Some sort of virtual event would be what I would expect them to do. Lots of other trade shows have decided to do that. But maybe there won't be as much new spotlight products this next year

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I wonder if they will try to do some sort of centralized virtual event for new product showcasing or if manufacturers are just on their own to get the word out?

IMO manufactor's get very little benefit out of shot. With FB, instagram, gun forum's, youtube, etc they can get the word out just fine without shot. I honestly think most did it not to market, but because they were expected to. It would not surprise me a bit if a lot of manufactor's decide not to do shot anymore after a year of realizing they spend a ton of money on it for little to no value.

Just my 2 cents

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    IMO manufactor's get very little benefit out of shot. With FB, instagram, gun forum's, youtube, etc they can get the word out just fine without shot. I honestly think most did it not to market, but because they were expected to. It would not surprise me a bit if a lot of manufactor's decide not to do shot anymore after a year of realizing they spend a ton of money on it for little to no value.

Just my 2 cents

I actually think this may be the way many events go. IT conferences, Trade shows, etc. The sad thing is there is some value in networking at some of these events, as well as actually setting aside time to participate instead of just trying to wedge it in on a virtual while still doing your day job. I'm not sure if it justified the costs and time away to attend them either.

Top Bottom