• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have noticed that during this Pandemic-election-rioting gun buying season of 2020, that the central Indiana Cabela's is mostly out guns. No surprise I know - the case is practically empty, rifle shelves empty and they've even moved all of the used items from the Gun Library and have sold them from the cases as well.

But I've noticed they have more new Kimbers (semi-auto and revolvers) than almost anything else in stock. I really like the Kimber K6s and think they make some fine semi-autos as well. I remember a lot of debate over the years on INGO over the price, quality, and customer satisfaction but there's still something to be said for Made In America.

So why haven't those sold out too? People are looking for cheaper alternatives? People don't like Kimber? Kimber makes so many guns that they can keep up with demands. What say you, INGO...:dunno:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I would bet to say that most of the new people that are buying guns don't want to spend the Kimber money right off the bat. Plus it only holds 8 rounds, is big and heavy and it ain't a G****.

The K6 is a great revolver If you can find it I'd buy it.

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    I think for a lot of the current panic buyer/new gun owners it is the price tag that keeps them away from Kimber.

I overheard quite a few conversations in LGS's this past year that started with "what's the cheapest______ you have?"

Like BT said the K6 is great, I love mine.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Do I remember Kimber (rhyme not intended) not having the greatest reliability? I seem to remember quality issues.. i could be wrong......That might explain it, if so...... and cost

treylagger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2020
    Winona Lake
    My wife and I are new gun owners. She liked the Kimber micro .380 best. It was easy for her to rack and she liked the feel of it. We're waiting to pick it up it after a few accessories come in. We probably qualify as "panic buyers". Price didn't keep us away - we wanted to get guns we felt comfortable and confident with. For her that's the Kimber.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    My wife and I are new gun owners. She liked the Kimber micro .380 best. It was easy for her to rack and she liked the feel of it. We're waiting to pick it up it after a few accessories come in. We probably qualify as "panic buyers". Price didn't keep us away - we wanted to get guns we felt comfortable and confident with. For her that's the Kimber.

Good to hear she went with what she likes and not just what was available. Welcome to the fold and the forum.

Did you get something too? Do tell.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    The Micro 380 is a fine gun. I have enjoyed shooting them. I have a K6s and I think it is very underrated. I love it as a carry piece when I want to carry some concealed and small. I saw them at the NRA show in Louisville a few years ago and bought the first one I could find after.

La0JIQf.jpg

I recently put a higher polish on mine...

czpVtkE.jpg

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN

Yes, thanks for posting and congratulations on your recent purchase(s). And :welcome:to :ingo:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    It is simply because of price. You can find nicer, higher prices guns. In fact the prices on those haven’t changed. Cheap guns are nowhere to be found.

treylagger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2020
    Winona Lake
    Good to hear she went with what she likes and not just what was available. Welcome to the fold and the forum.

I did! I bought a couple of Steyr's. An L9 A2 and a C9 A2. We took lessons and those were the guns available to rent. I really liked them - the trapezoid sites worked well for me and I shot really well with them. The L is my nightstand gun and the C will be my carry. We just got notice that ISP approved our apps so our licenses should arrive next week.

treylagger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2020
    Winona Lake

Thought I posted this (then edited) but must have somehow deleted.... I bought a couple of Steyr's. An L9 A2 and a C9 A2 - we took lessons and rented these guns. I thought I shot well with them and like the trapezoid sites. The L9 is my nightstand gun and the C9 will be my carry (we just received ISP approval on the 18th).

Sorry for the duplicate! Not sure what happened (well... I am drinking a little bourbon....).

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I liked the K6's when they came out, your's is dead sexy. Really like the polishing up! I've wanted one of every S&W revolver for years, and I like wheel guns, though I only own one currently...

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Unfortunately, Kimbers are like new cars in that the moment you drive it off the lot (or walk it out of your LGS) the re-sale value instantly plummets.

Ive sold a few guns but wish I had kept all but 3 of them even though they were on the cheaper end. That said resale value wouldn't be a determining reason to buy or not buy.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I had been under the impression that Kimber was another company that got ruined by venture capital and pretty much made junk now. There's plenty of Remingtons on the shelves now but there's a reason people don't buy them.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    I would say that the items most in demand are going to be the most affordable for sale. This means that the bottom 50% of ammo and firearms are going to outsell the top 50%. People are looking for a cheap, effective, reliable tool for self-defense. A Kimber 1911 is more of a collector, range day firearm than anything else.

Top Bottom