• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I am having a modern shotgun receiver and barrel engraved by an engraver that is located in Wisconsin. He has indicated that he thinks sending these items to him requires the use of an FFL. I thought that sending a gun for “repairs” did not require an FFL and, therefore, thought the same non FFL requirement would apply to this scenario. There will be no transfer of ownership. I see barrels and various gun parts on the internet and eBay all the time.

Is my engraver correct ? Do I need to involve an FFL to send my gun parts to him ?

Thanks in advance

The Dawg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    Evansville
    Are you sending the complete shotgun? There is probably one part that is legally the firearm. It's most likely the receiver. I know with AKs that if you mail an unpopulated receiver it has to go through an FFL. In that state the firearm is no more dangerous than a piece of angle iron. It doesn't always make sense but it's best to stay on the right side of the law.

jcj54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NE
    You have it backwards, a non licensee can send a firearm to a licensee for repair or customizing and have it returned directly to him. A non licensee can only send a firearm to another non licensee through an FFL.

Top Bottom