• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    It's been around 3-4 years since I've been in an LGS or following the gun market. What is the current state as well as general prices/ value? Thanks!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    It's a "Sellers market" right now.
    Most models/makes of firearms are unobtainable right now due to unprecedented demand.
    Same with ammo.
    What you do find available will likely be at seriously inflated prices.

If Biden does take office as P.O.T.U.S. and the republicans lose the senate majority it will only get worse, MUCH worse.

If you don't have what you want now, you've waited too late.
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but you asked...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Most models/makes of firearms are unobtainable right now due to unprecedented demand.
    Same with ammo.

If Biden does take office as P.O.T.U.S. and the republicans lose the senate majority it will only get worse, MUCH worse.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Xs 3

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Same with ammo.

What he said ^^^^^^^^^^

Pandemic + Election Year + Riots & Civil Unrest = Perfect Storm of demand that is a magnitude above the industries ability to supply.

That means unbearably high prices and scarcity will be the norm for some time to come.

As noted above, if you don't already have what you want....good luck. This is a very bad time for acquisitions.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Wow, don't have a heart attack when you do find any ammo. Expect to pay inflated prices for ammo and firearms, if you can find what you want.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Guns and ammo are still available. Not everything of course, but I'm still seeing common polymer frame pistols and a smattering of ARs in local gun shops in Indy. Just depends on how hard you look and what you want. Prices will be anywhere from a little high to ridiculously high. If you want something in particular, I wouldn't dilly-dally, though. Local Rural King gun section down here was almost cleaned out when I dropped in last week.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Actually all these guys replying are lying. All guns, ammo, and accessories were ordered to be turned in at the end of 2019. Since you're late to the party, I'll take everything off your hands so you dont get in trouble with the Gov.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have found more guns available than ammo.

I know a couple first time gun owners who just bought within the last month but the problem is there is no ammo to be had.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Actually all these guys replying are lying. All guns, ammo, and accessories were ordered to be turned in at the end of 2019. Since you're late to the party, I'll take everything off your hands so you dont get in trouble with the Gov.

"Honey, this is a tissue of lies. You see there was a bad Bill, an evil Bill, and I killed him." - Twister

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I used to gage prices on P938 prices. 2 years ago I picked up used ones for 375 to 400. Now, I'm looking at 600 used. And 9mm ammo? Lucky to find at 50% to 100% higher.

breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    I'm looking for of all things, a Mossberg 500 or good 870. Not sure if a lot of first time owners are gravitating towards them or what, but not seeing many pop up used lately.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I have found that Rural King, Dunham's, and Stock & Field have guns in stock. They might not be exactly what you want, but most times when I stop in one of those establishments the gun cases have guns in them.

Ammo is a different story.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I had given up on finding a Ruger PC Carbine until a few weeks ago there was a brand new one in a Muncie gun store that was not too unreasonable in price. Picked it up on the spot! I did pass on the $30 for a box of 9mm ammo!

harrysonsss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2020
    Carmel
    a lot can be found by setting up notifications for online stores. things will come back in stock, sometimes for an okay price, but go out of stock in minutes/seconds. I've been picking up 41CPR brass 5.56 (which I need to sell because I don't even have an AR anymore) and 35CPR 7.62x39 during pandemic times just be sitting on my laptop refreshing.

Top Bottom