$30,000 guns & accessories on company credit card.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    ...and accessories at area businesses and made nearly $35,000 worth of online purchases

Dude stole over $65k! Shame on him for less than half being on guns... ;)

Glad they nailed him, and yes, they're going to do well on those guns if they decide to recoup their losses.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    In my position with the company I had a CC. Not sure how he slid this by them. Every purchase was reviewed and billed to a customer/cost center. Our process was closely controlled and anything out of the ordinary was flagged.

I'm guessing it was billed to customers as parts/sublet repairs. Even this was reviewed by the head of the department.

Don

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Things like this make me question the intelligence of people. Have a good job, making decent money, but want to risk it all on doing something illegal that gets the good job and your freedom taken away. Short term benefit only, even if he did get away with it as long as he did. Dumbass... :rolleyes:

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Things like this make me question the intelligence of people. Have a good job, making decent money, but want to risk it all on doing something illegal that gets the good job and your freedom taken away. Short term benefit only, even if he did get away with it as long as he did. Dumbass... :rolleyes:

Instant gratification without consideration of consequence.

I've known people unable to think beyond the current day they were living in, suspect they make great candidates for this type of behavior.

This woman https://www.wndu.com/2020/11/24/elkhart-county-woman-pleads-guilty-to-fraud/ just plead guilty to embezzling $286,000 over the course of three years?

I'd ask who in their right mind would expect to get away with that; but that question ignores that one in their right mind wouldn't commit that crime to begin with.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    But imagine if the big igloo had kicked off a year ago, my man would have been set.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Dude stole over $65k! Shame on him for less than half being on guns... ;)

Glad they nailed him, and yes, they're going to do well on those guns if they decide to recoup their losses.

Correct. Yet they clued in on the $30k in firearms. Firearms are just another consumer good. So the headline should have read Dude stole $65k from his employer to purchase personal items.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Instant gratification without consideration of consequence.

I've known people unable to think beyond the current day they were living in, suspect they make great candidates for this type of behavior.

This woman https://www.wndu.com/2020/11/24/elkhart-county-woman-pleads-guilty-to-fraud/ just plead guilty to embezzling $286,000 over the course of three years?

I'd ask who in their right mind would expect to get away with that; but that question ignores that one in their right mind wouldn't commit that crime to begin with.

I worked for a small regional airline when I lived in Minnesota about a decade ago. The AP lady, who was treated like family by upper management and a lot of the other employees, was found to have embezzled a ton of money over the time she worked there (about 10 years or so). There were no protections in place for her to get caught for all that time, then when there was, she was in jail. She was probably making a 6 figure income, but ruined it and went to jail over being able to pull extra money on occasion so she and her boyfriend could go gambling... :ugh:

The Dawg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    Evansville
    I can't imagine working somewhere with this little over site. I guess people used to be more trusting, or the higher-ups just didn't bother to look.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Ill send him a case of Vaseline and Chap stik, cause he will do a stretch in the pen, or is that get stretched in the pen?
    Either way Miami Valley will be his next place to work.

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    Most people that do this start small. He likely bought a small personal item on the company card and didn't get caught. Then he went bigger. Then he figured he could get away with even more and started falsifying receipts and documents. He got over confident and eventually got caught.
    Most of these types of crimes don't start with doing thousands in theft the first month, they build up to it.

Top Bottom