• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    A lot has been going on in my life over the last couple of years so I haven't been very active here and I am kind of out of touch on AR pricing. What is a new in box Bushmaster AR-15 ORC (optical ready carbine) worth today? I'm looking for a fair price for both the buyer and the seller. Thanks in advance for the opinions.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    A quick online search is showing prices ranging from the low-mid 500s up to mid-high 800s, but it's out of stock at the six or so sites I checked.

In this market the biggest factor driving prices is supply. Everything is inflated, but if you want or need something you'd better grab it when you can. If you are selling you can afford to wait for a motivated buyer.

If it's a private sale between friends, $700-750 is probably fair, but I am not intimately familiar with that rifle or Bushmasters in general. No doubt someone could get more if they were willing to find the right buyer.

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    A quick online search is showing prices ranging from the low-mid 500s up to mid-high 800s, but it's out of stock at the six or so sites I checked.

In this market the biggest factor driving prices is supply. Everything is inflated, but if you want or need something you'd better grab it when you can. If you are selling you can afford to wait for a motivated buyer.

If it's a private sale between friends, $700-750 is probably fair, but I am not intimately familiar with that rifle or Bushmasters in general. No doubt someone could get more if they were willing to find the right buyer.

That's the problem I had when I searched. Nobody has anything in stock so I'm not sure if the prices I see are current or left over from the last time they were in stock.

I don't want to try and gouge anyone just because supply is low but I also don't want to give the farm away just because I haven't been keeping up.

Thanks for the input.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Perhaps you can sweeten the price and the deal by throwing some Ammo. Anyone buying their first AR will be desperate for some Ammo to play their new gun.

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I bought mine before the covid crisis. I have a 20" barrel, upgraded trigger, anderson lower, 1 mag, a rail mount & a leopuld scope . I have about $1100 in it.

Last edited:

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    206   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    A lot has been going on in my life over the last couple of years so I haven't been very active here and I am kind of out of touch on AR pricing. What is a new in box Bushmaster AR-15 ORC (optical ready carbine) worth today? I'm looking for a fair price for both the buyer and the seller. Thanks in advance for the opinions.
    A lot of different variables with the Bushmasters. Windham Maine guns get a little boost. Threaded barrel helps. A standard flash hider is a plus. A pinned and welded "comp" is a minus. Look at the for sale thread on AR15.com. If its been there for weeks the price is high. If it sells in minutes or hours, maybe too low. Good luck, these are trying times. As an aside, every Bushmaster I've owned has been a peach. Personally think they are and have been undervalued.

I also think this is a time to hold onto these type rifles. Nothing says "go mess with someone else" better than 30 rounds and a bayonet.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Here are the latest completed sales on Gunbroker for a basic Bushmaster optic ready carbine.

Used:

bush1.png
    bush2.png

New:

bush3.png
    bush4.png

However,
    I only see 1 Bushmaster in stock right now at a "Buy it Now" price:

bush5.png

So I'd consider lack of availability when pricing the rifle.

Eagle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 29, 2020
    Greenwood
    This seems like a great time to hold on to tools like this. Obviously I can’t speak for you, but you’ll probably be able to sell it later, and maybe not so easily buy one later. Just a thought.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    650 tops. These prices are not holding. I went to multiple gun shops on black Friday and they had better equipped ar15's sitting on the shelf for 700.

sgthud

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 28, 2019
    Fishers
    My research is showing what others are saying, $650+, if you can find them. In today's market, it is worth what someone is willing to pay for or part with it.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Iwi Zions ar in stock and selling for 900. If you give over 650 for an orc you've lost your mind. You can go anywhere right now and get a ruger with a free float handguard for 700. A month ago you might have gotten 700, but the supply is starting to outpace demand as we enter the hangover phase. If you can get 650 today and want to sell I would try to move it fast. Higher end ar15's have been flooding into people's safes for nearly a year, the sell-off is coming and these will go back to the 450-500 dollar range. It's the same wave that follows tax return season when people get desperate to recoup some cash and sell basically new rifles for 2/3 value.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    206   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Iwi Zions ar in stock and selling for 900. If you give over 650 for an orc you've lost your mind. You can go anywhere right now and get a ruger with a free float handguard for 700. A month ago you might have gotten 700, but the supply is starting to outpace demand as we enter the hangover phase. If you can get 650 today and want to sell I would try to move it fast. Higher end ar15's have been flooding into people's safes for nearly a year, the sell-off is coming and these will go back to the 450-500 dollar range. It's the same wave that follows tax return season when people get desperate to recoup some cash and sell basically new rifles for 2/3 value.
    I'm not disagreeing with you so much as adding what I'm seeing. A guy on ARFCOM has sold at least 15 Colt 6920s for $1585 each. Shipped. He is a long time member with fantastic feedback. With the prospect of Pres. Biden (Mr Bingo) prices may get to the two word era. IN-SANE.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I'm not disagreeing with you so much as adding what I'm seeing. A guy on ARFCOM has sold at least 15 Colt 6920s for $1585 each. Shipped. He is a long time member with fantastic feedback. With the prospect of Pres. Biden (Mr Bingo) prices may get to the two word era. IN-SANE.

An orc isn't a 6920. The orcs were literally 600 this black Friday brand new

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    206   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    You win. I was just using the 6920 (these were technically used but Anib) as an example of the inflated prices over msrp.

Top Bottom