How long did it take to get you cc in Indiana?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Challenger76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2020
    South Bend
    Sorry if this has been posted I couldn't find it anywhere. I did my fingerprints on October 19th and when I check the ISP portal it still says "Pending ISP Approval." How long did it take YOU to get your cc approval? Thanks.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Couple months for me during the Obama administration.
    Also indiana doesn't have a cc.
    It's a license to carry a handgun.
    Indiana doesn't care if you open or conceal carry as long as your licensed.

Sorry to be pedantic, but there is enough misinformation on the internet it's important we work to keep the facts straight.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    This thread has folks reporting the timelines that they've experienced (I got my LTCH shortly before joining INGO and didn't have the thought to actually write down dates)
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../483532-current-ltch-wait;-2nd-edition-8.html

One member experienced times ranging from 1.5 months to nearly 4 months. I applied for mine back in early July, and got it about 1-1.5 months after turning in the fingerprinting to the sheriff's office (I technically live in the county).

Hope you get it soon.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    16 weeks back during the post Sandy Hook panic in early 2013.

My son applied for his in January 2013. I'm wanting to say 7 months. No arrests, no nothing except maybe a speeding ticket from 2007.

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    I moved to Indiana in July, 2019.
    I applied for my lifetime license as soon as I had established residency.
    From the time I had my prints done and made my payment, I had my license, in my hand, in a week and a half.
    BTW, I live in Starke County.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    It was Sept. 1993 and I was retiring from IPD. On a Monday morning I turned in the city-issued stuff they wanted back. Some of it was old enough they didn't want it. Went to the Central Records office and applied for a LTCH, was fingerprinted, and walked out the door with the lifetime license that day. Back then, the LTCH exempted you from the background check for gun purchases for 5 years. I had to renew the LTCH to retain the exemption even though it was still good for carry purposes. That took another trip downtown to the city-county bldg. Out the door with a new license in hand in about a half hour. Yeah, things were a little different then.

sgthud

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 28, 2019
    Fishers
    I've had mine since 1996, but if I remember it was about 4-5 weeks, and the renewals less time. I now have a lifetime one...we get wiser as we get older!

Top Bottom