• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Got a call Saturday from my FFL that my new AR-15 had come in, and I need a ride. He's open from 4-6 tonight and I thought I would ask all of my fellow INGO's if any Bloomington residents would spare some time to help out a car-less student :) My FFL is Leathers Limited on 3rd and I'm about 2 blocks south of campus. I'd be happy to reimburse for gas or anything else, I just figured I'd ask here.

Any help would be appreciated guys :)

Nate

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    If I was down there I'd help you out too...

As a last resort, you could ride a bike and break your new AR into the upper and lower and throw them in a backpack.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Yeah, I don't have a bike, but I was thinking about walking it if I can't get a ride, only thing is its a little over 3 miles each way :n00b:

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I'd just want to see the driver's face after asking him to take me to the gun store to pick up my assault rifle. :):

Thats exactly what I was thinking lol. The real problem is Taxi each way would be about $8. So at spending an extra $16 or walking for an hour, I'd probably just walk.

I may be able to get a bike, I'll guess I'll see what I can do.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    As a last resort, you could ride a bike and break your new AR into the upper and lower and throw them in a backpack.

I used to carry long guns about openly in Bloomington when I had my FFL in undergrad. Heck, when Schuizi's gun store was open here in downtown Lafayette, I used to carry surplus rifles back to my office. No one cared (except for the time the Japanese tourists saw me walking down the street with a greasy old Finnish M-N).

Do you live on campus? If not, why not just sling the weapon and bicycle home? You are not breaking any state law and I do not believe PRB has any sort of ordinance.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I ended up walking there. You know, 3.2 miles is a lot further than it sounds lol. Got there, got my rifle (I have to say, she is beautiful :)) and after the guy (Gary) gave me a ride home. Admittedly, it cost me 5 bucks, but it was a hell of a lot better than a cab and cheaper too.

My rifle:
    Cant get pics right now, but she's one of the last CMMG bargain bins made.
    CMMG Lower
    Marking on the barrel is under the handguards, and im not taking that off til I get my new ones.
    ALL BRAND NEW

Can't wait for the rest of my goodies to come for it :)

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Damn. I think that my buffertube is Mil-spec and I just ordered a commercial CTR yesterday :( I'm gonna try to change it, but this sucks. Turns out they use Commercial length tubes with mil-spec diameters. This sucks hardcore :(

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    I was working all day or I would have at least tried to help you out.

I have only one car though, so I might not have been able to anyway, but I'm glad you got your rifle! I did not know Leathers Limited did FFL work anymore, is there still firearms there in stock? For some reason I thought he had closed the firearm side of his shop. I live pretty close to the shop actually.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Yup, they still do transfers and they have some stock too. Saw a couple handguns, a couple rifles (Romy wood stock AK for $450 IIRC), some shotguns. Nothing seemed extremely expensive, but then again I was too busy drooling over my rifle :): $20 transfer wasn't too bad either, and he was really nice too.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Sorry Nate, I just now seen your post. If you find you need any more running send me a PM. Also, a little more notice wouldn't hurt, if you had it.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Sorry Nate, I just now seen your post. If you find you need any more running send me a PM. Also, a little more notice wouldn't hurt, if you had it.

Thanks for the offer, and I'll definitely not wait until the last minute next time (now I just need money for another gun :do2:) :):

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Gary had been selling off all his stuff at 20% off (I cleaned him out of .223, .45, .38 months and months ago - spent ~$500 in two days). I need to stop in and see if he still has 9mm or anything else while I can.

Maybe I will stop in tomorrow.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Gary had been selling off all his stuff at 20% off (I cleaned him out of .223, .45, .38 months and months ago - spent ~$500 in two days). I need to stop in and see if he still has 9mm or anything else while I can.

Maybe I will stop in tomorrow.

Hmmm, didn't even look at ammo while I was there. I can't buy handgun ammo from him because he's an FFL, and I don't remember seeing that much .223, but I didn't really get that good a chance to look around (kinda tired after my 3.2 mile walk :n00b:). This hobby's making me broke :do2:

If he's got any good deals you gotta let me know :thumbsup:

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    Sorry man--totally would have helped you out. Was busy yesterday and didn't check the forum. Feel free to PM me, too, for similar stuff in the future.

I was in Leather's Unlimited a few months ago and they definately did have a (pretty small) firearms stock. I'd be surprised if they were able to have ammo a cheap as Wal-Mart...

Top Bottom