• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    Given the apparent miscommunications regarding whether Eagle Creek Pistol Range was to be open last weekend, will someone who works at the range please confirm whether the range will be open on either 5/17 or 5/18?

Shooting is an important part of my life as, I am sure, it is an important part of the the lives of many on this forum. I need to be able to make plans regarding where I will shoot this weekend. Eagle Creek is always my first choice but I don't like showing up there to find the gate locked after having been told it would be open.

I know several here work at Eagle Creek so I hope they will speak up.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Not that it really matters that much, but May is month #5. Last weekend's thread really threw me off then, too. :)

And I'm told it will be open on Sunday for absolutely sure. :)

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    There is a fees schedule but I don't know it. What I do know is that my $120 yearly pass is loosing value evey weekend the range is closed, even if it's only closed one day per weekend.

The range used to be open Friday evenings as well as Saturday and Sunday. Now it's Sundays only, if someone bothers to show up.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Are there any fees?

We charge by the day, not hourly like a lot of places. You can be there open to close and even leave for lunch and come back if you want (if we are busy, we may give your spot to another shooter though, but you will have the next free one when you get back). So keep that in mind when you read the prices.

$20 per day - the worst deal IMO

$65 for a 10 visit pass - the best deal IMO. There is no expiration date and you can share it with guests you bring with you (each person is another punch in the card).

If you show up over 20 times a year (we are closed Jan-Mar,1 every year too BTW), then there is the season pass for $120, but it expires in a year and you cannot share it with guests.

Only guns not permitted are any sort of rifle caliber. We basically define a "rifle caliber" as anything originally chambered in a rifle. 5.7x28 we consider a pistol caliber as the FiveseveN came out before the PS90. It isn't scientific, but we have to define it somehow.

Anyhow, Pistol caliber guns (handguns or rifles), rimfires of any type, and shotguns (shot or slug) are allowed.

BeeRian

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If you are upset about the staffing situation I encourage you and anyone else to contact the Indy Parks Administration about it.

Unless the paying customers make a fuss about this Im just not sure it will ever change. We (ROs) have let them know for quite some time about the staffing situation we would be facing this year but they havent been hiring to help fill in for the ROs that have left or only work infrequently.

Steve our CRO reports to Karen LaMere klamere@indygov.org

Top Bottom