• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    I ask this because dad and i are visiting ohio for hamfest. We were using the car gps to call a gunshop to visit (to see it their open) as a side thing. Dad asked how long their were open and when he was in the middle of a sentence the guy said "are you from indiana?" dad said yeah and the guy said well we can't sell guns to people from indiana and hung up. Now were going to go to this shop tomorrow and complain about this guys attitude, and look around the shop for the heck of it (never know, might find something non gun related that's interesting). I knew ohio hated us, but not this much.

Anyways, back to my original question can you buy guns from out of state or is there some federal or local state law on this?

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I am not sure about other states, but in Indiana you can only buy long guns if you are not a resident. I was in Bradis last Sunday when a man from Illinois tried to buy a pistol, so this has been confirmed.

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    You can purchase Longguns in another state but not Handguns.
    Handguns must go through an FFL if sold across state lines.

some states may prohibit sales to non residents.

rodeymo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    You can purchase Longguns in another state but not Handguns.
    Handguns must go through an FFL if sold across state lines.

some states may prohibit sales to non residents.

I live in Missouri, but my dad lives in Indiana, and I want to sell him a handgun that I have owned for over a year. Does this need to go through an FFL or can we handle this as a FTF transaction?

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I live in Missouri, but my dad lives in Indiana, and I want to sell him a handgun that I have owned for over a year. Does this need to go through an FFL or can we handle this as a FTF transaction?

If you bring the gun to Indiana I believe you can go through a gun store here and do the transfer. If you're in Missouri you'd have to ship it to an FFL in Indiana and have the transfer done here.

Either way though an FFL needs to be involved.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom