So what did YOU do to stimulate the economy?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Just like the title asks, what gun-related item did you get with your stimulus check? I kinda went crazy myself... :D
    DSCN0342.jpg

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Those SIS have gotten GREAT reviews, ditching the Glocks??

Nah not yet. I love the 1911 but I haven't fired the SIS yet so I'm not sure on how reliable it is. Plus with the Glocks I can beat the crap out of them and not feel guilty.

But if the SIS is as reliable as the other Kimbers I've owned I might be tempted to carry it. Believe it or not, I can conceal a full-sized 1911 easier than my G19.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    What is the deal with the SIS pistols. Are they tricked out from the factory?

They are built to the specs of the LAPD's Special Investigation Squad, one of the most gun-play active law enforcement units in the nation. There are at least 4 versions of the gun I know of. 2 are full size, one of which has a tactical rail. 1 is 'commander' sized and 1 is an "officer" sized gun with a carry melt treatment. The guns were developed for LAPD's most elite officers and are the standard issue for that squad. They were adopted by the SIS after Kimber made LAPD's SWAT weapons and they performed so well that the SIS unit contracted with Kimber for a special series with special features like rear sights with cocking rails, tuned triggers, match barrels, etc.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I see. Thanks

They are built to the specs of the LAPD's Special Investigation Squad, one of the most gun-play active law enforcement units in the nation. There are at least 4 versions of the gun I know of. 2 are full size, one of which has a tactical rail. 1 is 'commander' sized and 1 is an "officer" sized gun with a carry melt treatment. The guns were developed for LAPD's most elite officers and are the standard issue for that squad. They were adopted by the SIS after Kimber made LAPD's SWAT weapons and they performed so well that the SIS unit contracted with Kimber for a special series with special features like rear sights with cocking rails, tuned triggers, match barrels, etc.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    There was an article on the SIS in Guns and Ammo and also a nice article in Shotgun News. Sounds like an impressive gun. And it sure looks great too.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I've been debating on how to stimuate the economy. I've been debating on purchasing an AK or not. I'll be getting some ammo regardless for training, maybe a new monitor for my computer. I don't know yet.

Top Bottom